What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project Apollo - Games/Gym Room Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
so why have I not ticked this as done and put up pictures and videos. well one freaking thing.

My wife bought me this amazing DOMINO ARCADE neon light. its about 1.5mx0.5m (i.e. freaking big). When first trying to install it one of the transformers (it has two 10Kv 30ma) went bang. The company who made it are actually in Austrailia, yes this thing shipped from OZ to the UK and wasn't broken (see the video
). Company is called Custom Neon and on the neon they did a freaking epic job but the after sales services is **** poor- I'm mean they went to the Andy Heighway school of after sales. I've been trying to get a replacement transformer from them for two months... they sent one but it was the wrong type. Anyway thanks to @aaronhicksuk he gave me a lead to the guys who sell the neon for CV; and they gave me the lead to a supplier here in the UK that does transformers, but the custom neon guys had put special connectors on to make it easy to plug in - nobody seemed to do these except them so I thought I was screwed on it; and the wife would gun me down.

Then I started to google a bit about neon and how it all works (to me it was a scary voodoo like thing never to be meddled with). So i ordered a transformer from this UK place and was able to wire it in, doesn't use the fancy connected but it lights up! Woohoo.

Now trying to mount it on the wall last night got it up but the power for it is in the wrong place, so Saturday I'll be moving that and hopefully I can close this off with pictures and video...

so why have I not ticked this as done and put up pictures and videos. well one freaking thing.

My wife bought me this amazing DOMINO ARCADE neon light. its about 1.5mx0.5m (i.e. freaking big). When first trying to install it one of the transformers (it has two 10Kv 30ma) went bang. The company who made it are actually in Austrailia, yes this thing shipped from OZ to the UK and wasn't broken (see the video
). Company is called Custom Neon and on the neon they did a freaking epic job but the after sales services is **** poor- I'm mean they went to the Andy Heighway school of after sales. I've been trying to get a replacement transformer from them for two months... they sent one but it was the wrong type. Anyway thanks to @aaronhicksuk he gave me a lead to the guys who sell the neon for CV; and they gave me the lead to a supplier here in the UK that does transformers, but the custom neon guys had put special connectors on to make it easy to plug in - nobody seemed to do these except them so I thought I was screwed on it; and the wife would gun me down.

Then I started to google a bit about neon and how it all works (to me it was a scary voodoo like thing never to be meddled with). So i ordered a transformer from this UK place and was able to wire it in, doesn't use the fancy connected but it lights up! Woohoo.

Now trying to mount it on the wall last night got it up but the power for it is in the wrong place, so Saturday I'll be moving that and hopefully I can close this off with pictures and video...

Finally - finished!

More pics tomorrow!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180512_e21208fce87eb1314c9015708c4e14df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

now having had the shed a good few years and others looking at building sheds or other solutions I had a think about what I might do differently:

1: Electrics - I'd put in smaller rings and a larger consumer unit to take them with RCBOs. I've moved to RCBO's because with lots of pinball machines the earth leakage out of them adds up and becomes an issue for a normal RCD. Given the most key aspect of playing a pinball is giving it power my advice is to over engineer. It might cost a few hundred quid more but you'll be glad you did,.
2: Height. I'd go one more block of wood higher, not a big issue but would make it a little bit easier to move games around.
3: Bigger - no **** Sherlock :D

Back
Top Bottom