What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Zaccaria Ski Jump (E.M. machine, largely Williams parts ) - no solenoid action

Richard Hodgson

Registered
Alias
Whomsoever
I've owned Ski Jump for a couple of years and this is the first serious problem I've had; it happened mid game and it's almost as if the tilt mechanism, or part of it, tripped as the only solenoid that works now is the one to shoot it out of the single hole at the top of the game. For the previous couple of games it seemed hesitant to kick the drained ball back into play. I've done the obvious fuse checks etc and I have the schematics and can usually fix faults, but any pointers would be very welcome. Cheers!

Coming out of the transformer you will have a common power line that feeds all coils/relays, the illumination will be on a reduce voltage (6.3v). Look at this feed from the transformer to the colis/relays checking for a loose wire or dry joint, give the wire a little wiggle/pull where it joins the coil tag. You could used a continuity tester but turn the power off, test from one coil to the next coil but only on the power feed side.

Check your fuse holders first (Machine unplugged!) A lot of the time in EMs the fuse holders are just old and don't grip on fuses all that great. Quick solution is to take the fuse out, bend both clips inwards and pop the use back in (or replace them) I Would also recommend looking at the Game Over latching relay (clean the contacts and make sure they're all making/braking as they should)

Can't remember off the top of my head if Zaccarias have a "Hold" relay but if it does suspect that as well

James

Back
Top Bottom