What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem tx-sector flash lamp solenoid and no speech sound

Killx88

Registered
Goodmorning i m new to this forum and pinball. :D rencently i have buy a tx-sector pinball but i have some problem.
when i turn on machine , one solenoid stay on, ( in fact, burned itself)i tested there is 24v every time. i tested all transistor on drive board and it's good. but there is another problem. when play a game the right flash lamp dome stay always on,but at same time solenoid go off. it's a cpu problem ? in addiction to the fact i have no speech sound .

thanks if someone help :)

Most probably driver transistors or their pre-drivers. It is normal to have voltage at the coil or flasher all the time as ground is switched. Could also be a short to ground in the harness but that is rare.

. Screenshot 2024-02-23 163220.png
thanks for reply , i have the manual and sol.2 stay on when the ball go on bumpers. ok i try to change transistor and predrive . i also tested diode but is good. the burned solenoid is lower left hole. however i need change q58 and 57?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-23 163726.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 163726.png
    334 KB · Views: 6
Yes, those two transistors are solenoid two. Transistors you usually can check in place with the diode test function on your multimeter. Do that before soldering :).
You will also have to change the burnt coil most probably as it may just take out the transistors again. There is a table with coil resistances in the manual, you can measure based on that.
Next stop is Z29 on the CPU board in case the above doesn't help.

Yes, those two transistors are solenoid two. Transistors you usually can check in place with the diode test function on your multimeter. Do that before soldering :).
You will also have to change the burnt coil most probably as it may just take out the transistors again. There is a table with coil resistances in the manual, you can measure based on that.
Next stop is Z29 on the CPU board in case the above doesn't help.
thanks . i test transistor 2n3055 but q58 q62 is good, but q64 between Emitter and collector ( the case) there is 3v. i no have problem with right hole.. mmm... can create problem to all? for replace i need wait for cen u 45 transistor . i read here in old post. :) however i burn sol 2 flasher, because stay on too much.. :(
also led flasher under stay in this state after burn .

Attachments

• 1708710605375.jpg
    1708710605375.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 8
Every coil or flasher which is constantly on will fail. So if you have any left constantly on disconnect one leg until the driver problem is fixed. Then you go driver by driver. Goal is to have all coils and flashers functional in the coil test.
Transistors are tested with the pin OFF. You should then see about 1.5V loss between base and collector/emitter in conducting direction, reversing the voltage should give no conduction.

thanks for response. i try first change q57 , q58, if not works i try see z28,z29,z30. hope not is u6 r6532p chip . i l update next week. after resolve this i pass to sound . i waiting order from mouser of cen u 45 and 2n3055g

thanks

i have a update guy. i replace 2n3055 q58 and flasher now works correctly. now i pass to sound problem. I order one ad7528jn for replace . is good idea start from there? when i push sw1 on sound board i hear a low beep impercetible. but is possible is ram? thanks for help

Good progress, so all flashers/coils/lamps/switches working?
Sound board on 80B is a pretty complicated contraption (essentially its own little computer). There are some troubleshooting tips in the link I posted above. You should have MA-886. Generally speaking you need to make sure the ROMs are OK and the CPUs are running.

Good progress, so all flashers/coils/lamps/switches working?
Sound board on 80B is a pretty complicated contraption (essentially its own little computer). There are some troubleshooting tips in the link I posted above. You should have MA-886. Generally speaking you need to make sure the ROMs are OK and the CPUs are running.
thanks for response.
all working good. y , i read the 80b board is little complicated. i guess cpu is running because i see flash blink . tomorrow i check volt of sound board, but if background music work well , i don t know is problem of voltage. i got the chip ad7528jn , i try change this.

Back
Top Bottom