What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro Pinball Timeshock Kickstarter

Tim Thornton

Registered

Please do help get this made. I'm not sure why it's struggling because Farsight have tons of fans and these guys are WAY ahead of them and actually wanted to make an original table with Pat Lawlor until their previous Kickstarter failed.

This will be the ultimate virtual pinball and hopefully will lead to more being made and they really are VASTLY superior to the Pinball FX/ Zen Pinball tables. Timeshock is an awesome table that I put possibly hundreds of hours into along with Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey.

Spread the word.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

I was a bit burnt by supporting the Farsight TZ kickstarter which has put me off supporting another one.
So separating out from that bad experience, I might be willing to support another one if I felt it was not a swindle. There are a few things I would need convincing on:

If this is commercially viable, why is it that they need funding from the public and how does the public who support it then benefit over the public who don't?
What will it retail for when it is released to the public?
£5 and £10 are very similar with only the OS limited in the £5 option, what does the extra £5 get me?
Who buys in with £5k as the rewards are worth significantly less? :cool:

I am still thinking about this one, it does look like it will be good.

i hate the Farsight kickstarters, they totally **** me off: why should the public buy the licenses for a company that is making good profits? i can understand it at the start of a new company, or for something like PAPA where there is no income, but Farsight is surely making money hand over fist. raaaaaaaa!!!!

sorry Tim, but i have no interest in virtual pin unless it's for a table that also exists in the real world. for your sake, i hope it makes it though

I generally dislike Kickstarter too and I saw the Farsight one as taking advantage of the fans. However, sometimes it works when a project genuinely can't be funded in any other way. It's a shame that a lot of the big names are taking a lot more than they are giving back.

I have no idea what this game will sell for but I'd be very annoyed if it is less than £5 for iOS and Android or less than £10 for PC and Mac. Farsight made it so that the backers paid more for their copy than those who simply waited til release. More than double.

£5 pledge level gets you one mobile version only. £10 is for any platform, i.e., PC and Mac. £15 gets you 2 copies for any platform so I pledged that and then I can play it on PC and iPad.

Dan, Timeshock is as good a game as any existing pinball table seriously. It's very deep with great music and SFX. They've hinted that one day it may be made into a real table. With the amount of interest shown though that is unlikely to happen. Hopes are that making just the one remake will be enough to get some positive press and something to show off the potential of the new graphics and physics engine. The old version still looks and plays better that any other virtual pinball game. It's such a shame that these guys aren't making the Pinball Arcade recreations which are better than nothing but could be so much more.

Kickstarter? Thats a joke, right??

As for virtual pinball? No thanks. I find it utterly boring and pointless.

The Pro Pinball games were fantastic back in the day. It would be nice to see this come to pass.

It's funny, pinball game fans won't help out a company who needs it just to get started but will constantly raise 60k for Farsigh whenever askedt, despite both their habit of letting their customers down and that theyre making a fortune with their now-over-one-year-old product.
Did anyone notice that they made 60k that they "needed to buy the T2 licence" Despite they fact they already owned a T2 machine and were well into development on the game? (which is ready to sell within 6 weeks)
Almost as if they already had the licence in the bag, eh?

Meh, You woke the beast, I'll leave now ;)

Last edited:
Well the Kickstarter succeeded so we'll be getting the new Timeshock on iOS and PC as well as the first stretch goal platform which was for Linux. There is about 20 hours left and another £2k is needed to reach the next stretch goal which will mean a X360 release which will be fantastic.

Also, donate £1 and you can download a Kickstarter edition of the original 1997 Timeshock with a few bugs ironed out including cleaning up the music which is a huge part of why this game is so good.

Donate now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

The Pro Pinball games were fantastic back in the day. It would be nice to see this come to pass.

It's funny, pinball game fans won't help out a company who needs it just to get started but will constantly raise 60k for Farsigh whenever askedt, despite both their habit of letting their customers down and that theyre making a fortune with their now-over-one-year-old product.
Did anyone notice that they made 60k that they "needed to buy the T2 licence" Despite they fact they already owned a T2 machine and were well into development on the game? (which is ready to sell within 6 weeks)
Almost as if they already had the licence in the bag, eh?

Meh, You woke the beast, I'll leave now ;)

Farsight can develope the game without the license, thy just can't release it without it.

Don't agree with their kick starter model of getting punters to buy the license for them so the can turn a bigger profit. It was fair enough for the first one as they didn't want to risk the $100k or whatever when they don't know if it will sell, but now they know they are onto a winner they should be able to fund them themselves or at least give something decent back. Paying £10 upfront so you can get a £3 game is a bit of a joke. Ok you get a special kick starter ball or something, what did that take 15 minutes to draw up ?

I have bought all their tables basically as soon as they are released and probably will continue to do so but they need to really think about their return on investment for kick starters before I would even consider donating to them.

Pro pinball is a different beast, they need the cash boost to start up again. (I'm assuming as I haven't researched them)

Back
Top Bottom