What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing white on waterslide decals

JT.

Site Supporter
Does anyone know a company or way of printing white on to a transparent A4 waterslide decal? I've got an A4 sheet of replacement decals ready in Adobe Illustrator, but struggling to find a cost effective way to print the white small number of bits that are white (e.g. I found a guy on a model making forum, but he wants £50 per A4 sheet, and also doesn't seem to be able to work with an Illustrator file). @Nickbs do you have any facility to print white? Here's a pic of what I mean by printing white:

IMAG0392.jpg

I would also like to print a gradient of small dots to a waterslide decal to replicate the playfield gradients - like the pic below where it runs from black to purple, using a gradient of dots. My home laser printer is incapable of printing such a complex pattern without introducing 'banding', but I've not been able to find anyone who can effectively print just a couple of A4 sheets on waterslide decal paper, but at a reasonable price.

IMAG0391.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @ JT

Printing white digitally has been a holy grail for many years (most digital printers use some derivation of CMYK as per your typical home inkjet type printer, and you'll notice white us missing from those 4 colours).

We gave a machine that can print white as spot colours in house, nut only to print onto rolls of self adhesive vinyl (including clear). We can certainly work Illustrator files, so may do the trick for you but I'd be concerned that the vinyl printed on would be too thick and leave a ridge around the edge. Happy to give it a go though as an experiment though if you want to send the file through ?

Back
Top Bottom