What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricing info required for an idea.

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
Hey guys.

One of my customers makes and frames pictures in custom sizes.

They can make a frame for any pinball size and can actually offer a complete framing service.

The frames are of very high quality and the back board they use could be drilled to accept LED's for illumination also.

What sort of price would you all seriously think is an acceptable framing service, where you send your translate and get it back framed?

I am not getting anything out of this it was just an idea.

Courtney.

This was something that Manny used to do, and whilst a great job, prices were relatively high (think they were originally around £100)

IMO backboard wouldnt need to be drilled for LED's - What i would be looking at is a translite mount with around 1-2" depth to allow for LED strip mount and alow a little depth to stop spotting.

Personally would be looking for a Box only, sized correctly, and - Would be happy to stick my own Translite in, and also LED it myself (however i understand some wont want to do this).

Would grab a couple minimum if reasonably priced :)

Price I have no idea but a frame with a mini translite in it would be great if it was backlit. Approx about A4 width would be ideal and lit with a battery pack LED strip.

As Paul had said with regards it being a box. I've seen one of Mannys and it was a box that you placed a translight into with glass, dropped into place like a backbox and had led tape running around the frame to light it.

Don't know how much was paid for Manny's frame but it was bought when he was clearing out.

Nice idea though and good luck with it.

OK I am going to put a suggestion forward that he supplies frames cut to size with 2x1mm perspex sheets to fit so you can sandwich the translite. The frames are a really good depth, available in black with plenty of space to fit a line of LED strip around the inner rim behind the translite.

I have a frame here but not with the perspex so I will post some pics later.

IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG
Manny sells them I've bought a few in the past from him they look brilliant in 2 sizes depending on if it's stern or Bally / Williams

Back
Top Bottom