What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Price Drop - Vector

DRD

Registered
£700, which is less than it owes me, and I am open to offers.

Was donating it to nlp, so could be collected there. Or I could take another game to nlp if vector is sold beforehand

Lovely example, probably the best in the country. Plays very well. Extremely reliable, worked first time today after 6 months being tombstoned.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Don't really want to let her go, but am out of space. Vector is very like my Fathom / Centaur in terms of era/ features and is from the classic 1981 stable of games

Vector has more in it than any other similar Bally, as everything was thrown at it to deal with the threat of video games

4 flippers
Pop bumper
Individually controlled drops
Timed ramp shot that rewards you for a clean hit
Superb ball save saucers in outlanes
5th Display set into the PF
Mini playfield
Most speech of a Bally SS
Double backglass with individually controlled chaser lights
2 and 3 ball multiballs

• Mint backglasses
  • Excellent and uncommonly shiny playfield, very little wear. Was under mylar but I carefully pulled this. Only significant paint loss is to the right of upper pf (see pics)
  • No damaged plastics
  • Very shiny ramps
  • The entrance to the vector scan ramp is undamaged. This is generally hammered on Vectors due to over powered flippers. Mine is original and correct
  • I workshopped it. 9 new drops all round. All flippers rebuilt. All mechs cleaned. New bats. New rubber. Superbands. 6 new coils
  • Vectors usually have ridiculously over- powered flippers, I have tuned mine to play sensibly using the eos switches and by putting a weaker coil on the mini-pf flipper
  • Small and and 3" upper flippers included, so you can argue with @Nedreud about which is best
  • Has managed league play for the past 2 years and NERG
  • Only significant repair in past 18m has been the replacement of a bridge rectifier
  • No cupping to inserts
  • Latest freeplay roms
  • Displays all good
  • Minor damage to underside of cab (see pics)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yeah, a guy turned up today and paid the 700 for her. He wanted to bag each of the double backglass games. He has a space invaders and a xenon project already.

I only just spotted you tagged me in your original post about the mini-flipper! :p

Have to say your VECTOR is a fine example. Worth the £700 I'd say. Wish my playfield was that shiny. It's not the worst and maybe one day I'll restore it. My backglasses are definitely as minty fresh as yours though. Maybe something about the double glass arrangement keeps them nice?

I think the double backglasses act like double glazing, and help gently graduate the temperature differential between the room and the internal surface of the inner pane. Vector backglasses tend to be in good nick​

Back
Top Bottom