What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price check - LOTR (believed HUO)

Do you really think LOTR is in a different league. Watched YouTube videos of it and I'll be honest and say it seemed soulless to me.. Just didn't seem fun..Must be me..[/QUOTE

Unless a games is rare you can't,IMO judge a game really by vids of gameplay,ya need to play em

LOTR is a great game. I've got both CFTBL and LOTR at the moment. For me LOTR is the better game. So saying I know other people who find it a grind. LOTR is one of those Sterns that have appreciated in value, don't think I ever saw one for under 2k and the going price now seems to be nearer to 3k. It's a good game with a really strong theme so there will always be buyers for it

IMHO........

3.8K - 4K for a nice HUO
3.5K for a clean shopped example
3.2K for one with issues.

Anyone who considers paying £250 Extra for a non-skill post example is being duped and possibly wanting to please someone else....... The seller.

An extra £250 is well worth it not to have those infernal skills posts disfiguring the game.

LOTR isn't too bad, but on TSPP and Elvis that centre skills post (that always seems to rotate upside-down) looks silly. :mad:

IMHO........

3.8K - 4K for a nice HUO
3.5K for a clean shopped example
3.2K for one with issues.

Anyone who considers paying £250 Extra for a non-skill post example is being duped and possibly wanting to please someone else....... The seller.

and what is your range price for one that need to be restored (playfield, cabinet) or in an average condition.
that is interesting me coz i would like get one in this base of shape.
thanks

Near 4000€ for one to restore! Wow i can't beleive it!
Looks like the one mentioned in the original post sold for nearly 5k euro. Doesn't surprise me on this title, it's been rising in price rapidly in the UK over the last 6-12 months. Like Spiderman before it, I'd expect it to come back down again towards the £3k-£3.2k price for a nice one in the next year (although Spidey didn't hit the same peak - maybe £3.5k at max - it has gone through a price correction in recent times to less than £3k now).

Looks like the one mentioned in the original post sold for nearly 5k euro. Doesn't surprise me on this title, it's been rising in price rapidly in the UK over the last 6-12 months. Like Spiderman before it, I'd expect it to come back down again towards the £3k-£3.2k price for a nice one in the next year (although Spidey didn't hit the same peak - maybe £3.5k at max - it has gone through a price correction in recent times to less than £3k now).
I was Just asking a range price for LOTR in an average condition with some work to do.
His anwser is close 4000€ What i think very expensive.

and what is your range price for one that need to be restored (playfield, cabinet) or in an average condition.
that is interesting me coz i would like get one in this base of shape.
thanks

Routed well worn LOTR are few and far between with an operator wanting 2.5k. Even if you can find and buy one in this condition you will have to invest a sack full of coin and your time to bring it up to an acceptable standard so in the end it will still be 3.5k.
Depending on how well you can refurbish you may in the end have a lovely LOTR worth .........4K ?
Good luck in your search...one will pop-up

I got offered a routed one and it was wrecked for £2.4 a few month ago.
I turned it down.
So cheaper are out there.

Back
Top Bottom