What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price check - LOTR (believed HUO)

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
Hi All,

Thinking about moving on my LOTR, bought from a friend of @todler a couple of years ago. Just trying to get a feel for what folks think a good price is to post if for.

It does have the skill posts which I've never used (switched them off in settings) and is believed to be HUO, date on the back is Dec 24 2004. No coin mech fitted (doesn't look like one ever was) and the coin counter shows 10. DSCN6106.JPG DSCN6105.JPG DSCN6104.JPG DSCN6102.JPG DSCN6101.JPG DSCN6100.JPG DSCN6099.JPG All plastics intact, some protectors fitted. I removed one of the figures from the playfield to make the skill shot easier to see, but it can be fitted back on again. Cabinet in lovely condition apart from one small ding on the right hand side.

All working 100%, lovely machine. But I think it's time for a change. What's a fair price? Pictures attached. If it sells from this thread or a proper for sale thread I'll make a site donation of course :)

Hi, what is the cabinet like, is there any wear around the flipper buttons? any lumps or bumps out the backbox? This can all effect the price quite a bit :)

The skill posts always make machines less desirable, never really bothered me to much. Generally looks like it needs a good clean and some new rubbers, I'd prob say of the limited pics around 3k - 3.2k

Last edited:
Backbox is niceDSCN6110.JPG DSCN6109.JPG DSCN6108.JPG DSCN6107.JPG , no wear at the flipper buttons. Few more pics ......

Cab looks nice and could genuinely be HUO, I'd prob say 3.5k shouldn't see it hang around to long. It seems to be a funny market at the minute with prices a bit all over, people one ebay are asking 2k plus for machines that have only ever been 1k ish machines and a lovely afm on here recently struggled to sell at 4k I think it was, when just a year ago it would have flew out the door at 5k.

Hi, as Mark said it was sold by my mate who was believed to be the 3rd owner. He bought it from a guy in Bristol (not on any groups) and he bought it off a pinball collector in the Midlands who's name escapes me at the moment who had it NIB.
It's a very nice machine. Has the Arwin diverter fitted as well.

Cheers Tony

I'd say up to 3.5k if it's in good nick. Don't think you could currently get one in any condition for less than 2.5-2.75.. 3k seems to be the benchmark

More pics needed. If genuinely home use only then presumably less than 1000 plays and will be evident by showing Gimli hole and poppers area. If it is then I'd be inclined to say all the numbers above are on the low side and you could be looking at 3.5-4

start at 4. I had no trouble selling a tidy one for 3.4 recently. only sold mine as couldn't get coin mech to work and another came up that didn't have that issue.

I got a mint 1 huo owner LOTR for 5k. The guy had got it from pinball heaven along with some others years ago as things to have rather than play...

It's a 2005 model and only had 200 plays on since new so paid a bit of a premium as not everyday a machine like this pops up. It's a non skill post version as well.

Can you take a pic that shows the ding on the right side of the cab?

It's more of a scratch than a ding, now I look more closely....

DSCN6115.JPG

I also picked up a HUO LOTR recently. I paid around 4k for it. It was a non skills post model with reportedly less than 200 plays. It also had a small dent in one side of the backbox, but otherwise a lovely machine.

I'd be looking at around 3,750 for a nice HUO skills post version. Is it missing any of the figures around the playfield? That can reduce the value of the machine.

Nah, none of the figures missing, although I've taken one off so I can see the skill shot better. Easy to put back on though.

My first LOTR had figures on top of the pop bumpers, although my recent one didn't have them.

I'm not sure if only certain runs of the machine were fitted with them from factory, or they had been added to my first game by a previous owner.

Mine's never had them on the pops, and the one on IPDB doesn't either, so I guess you had a previous owner that got creative :)

My first LOTR had figures on top of the pop bumpers, although my recent one didn't have them.

I'm not sure if only certain runs of the machine were fitted with them from factory, or they had been added to my first game by a previous owner.

I think someone must have added them Keith. I have played quite a few LOTRs and have owned 2 and I have never seen that before.

3k to 3.5k, skill posts cap it at 3.5k.
Anyone who owners a LOTR will give it a bit more anyone looking to buy one a bit less.
Looks a nice one, good luck with your sale.

Disclaimer: I do currently own a LOTR.

But I am not price pumping (or whatever you call it) when I say that I believe 3K for a nice LOTR like this would sell in seconds!
In my opinion @I TiltAlot is bang on the money at 3750ish. I can only give my opinion of course but in the last few months I have bought 2 and sold 1 so I have had some relevant and recent experience.

I am no longer an owner of a LOTR as I sold mine to @Archyta5 recently, so I have no reason to pump up the price. :)

Still having second thoughts about selling it, but at least I can pop over to Sam's gamesroom for a few games. :thumbs:

Do you really think LOTR is in a different league. Watched YouTube videos of it and I'll be honest and say it seemed soulless to me.. Just didn't seem fun..Must be me..

Looks in really nice order. I am sure you will get good buyer interest.

But when you see the close ups, it really is a shame that Stern used such crap printing technology on games like this

After owning most of the top titles bar a few, TZ, CC, I would def say lotr was one of my favourites. I used to play it in metroland with horrible daylight shining down on the glass, but just had something I loved about it, flow I think was, that left ramp back to the flipper is one of my favourite all time shots, so fast and smooth. The ball times can be a bit crazy though

Last edited:
To think I payed 2600 for mine from rogeraeroplane about 3 or 4 year ago and turned one down which I went to see from Manchester for 2200 the week before lol

Do you really think LOTR is in a different league. Watched YouTube videos of it and I'll be honest and say it seemed soulless to me.. Just didn't seem fun..Must be me..

It's the only game I've had that I would consider getting again. Great game.

it's a beauty indeed, i'd be all over this like a cheap suit if i wasn't in mid-shop with my own.
quality sells every time, i've never seen a Gimli hole as nice as that, it looks almost new.
good luck with sale, though you won't need it.

Back
Top Bottom