What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier Leagure

JT.

Site Supporter
Thought it was about time for a Premier League thread. I know there's loads of people on here who aren't football fans :) but there are maybe one or two who are. Personally I'm a Newcastle fan (not from anywhere near Newcastle, mind) so today was not a particularly good day. But NUFC are not alone. What happened to Spurs and Utd, and surely Swansea could have done more. And Fulham look like they're in scary waters (hopefully the same fate isn't awaiting NUFC, despite selling our best player).

I'm a Leeds Utd fan so not Premier League.....yet :) Awesome result for us today as we absolutely battered Huddersfield 5-1...get in!!!!! :D God knows what's happening with our manager and owners though.....all gone a bit mental o_O

Cracking day for you guys...it'd be great to see Leeds back in the Prem :) Yesterday I was reading McDermott was gone, today back again, along with fights with fans to stop some random guy taking over the bench?!?!? You read these stories on the back pages and think - yeah, made up ********, can't seriously be true. But actually, it seems to be real life. Patience testing stuff for fans..

I am an Everton fan, so was happy today but gutted mid week

Brilliant game by Chelsea last night, best game I've seen this season - completely outplayed City.

I would have bet serious money on Chelsea after they took Newcastle apart, but LFC have great form at the moment and seem on a real roll - if they can just avoid injuries in their squad..who knows though, it's going to be a great run in I think..

Last edited:
I know what your saying jt, your not John Terry are you lol but I think liverpool will miss out again this year but will only be a few points off the top. I do think it's a 3 horse race now. ****nal Chelsea and city. Liverpool have done really well this year, fair play.
So glad about utd. Just about to watch the match now :)

Reactions: JT.
I can talk about football again for a while as West Ham United have stopped losing for a bit.

Tough one to call between Chelsea and Man City, I am sorry to ****nal fans but for some reason I don't think your team performs well under the sort of presure needed to finish this league top. However, I would be happy to see ****nal win it and I would like the fairy tale of Chelsea winning it with Mourinho in his first season back (plays into the legend) but I think Man City will take it this year.

As for going down, Fulham are in a mess, Cardiff are the same but for the third and final spot I think Norwich. Check back in 11/12 games time.

I would like the fairy tale of Chelsea winning it with Mourinho in his first season back (plays into the legend) but I think Man City will take it this year.

Agree, first time in a while that I could console myself with Everton losing

I think it'll be Man City. Once they get Aguero back in the team I think they'll kick on. Chelsea's sh*t striking options is going to hurt them this season....you can't keep relying on John Terry headers to win you games. If Chelsea buy a couple of top quality strikers in the summer I think they'll be favourites for next season.

Leeds managed a nil - nil draw at Boro today.....rock and roll:rolleyes:

Spurs here. we are stuffed again as even though ManYoo are out of it this year, we're still not gonna find the top 4

i agree that ****hol will most likely choke in the home straight again, and come away from the season with nothing again, but they will finish 3rd and so get a big fat pile of Champions League cash again. and all the fans will sing 'in ****ne we trust'. again.

and i also agree that the top two spots will be fiercely fought between Chelsea and Man City. i hope Jose manages to squeeze it, but it's not really his team without Drogba, and City have more strong players waiting in the wings, so if i voted with my wallet, i'd bet on City to take it by about 3 points. Man Utd will certainly pick up some points late on, as always, so i wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 4th-6th

Man City/Chelsea
Chelsea/Man City
****nal
Liverpool/Man Utd
Spurs/Man Utd
Man Utd/Spurs

i don't reckon GrizZ ever comes in here so this should be safe for a while

EDIT : No, but i do come in here... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really must complain Cooldan. I'm trying to read your comments and I keep getting distracted by her pink top :p

Forget footy, I wouldn't mind a kick around the face with those fun bags :D:D

Oh, yes, agree,****nal will possibly fail and city will just about do it.

David Moyes has been asked to coach the next Winter Olympics bobsleigh team. Apparently they're impressed at his ability to get a team to go downhill at such great speed........

Si

Just seen this. I've got a season ticket at St James Park. Not that that's much to brag about these days

Just seen this. I've got a season ticket at St James Park. Not that that's much to brag about these days

Great to win in the last min at the weekend mind - and Cisse too! I used to go to a lot of NUFC away games before I had kids - my son is just coming up 5 now, so he's just reaching the age where I can start taking him though :)

Great to win in the last min at the weekend mind - and Cisse too! I used to go to a lot of NUFC away games before I had kids - my son is just coming up 5 now, so he's just reaching the age where I can start taking him though :)

But what happened against Everton!! :eek: 0-3 yikes

Maybe Demba will come back in the close season - wrong age then I guess - and we'll likely need to replace Remy by then too. Didn't see the game today, but saw the score line - did you go @jonathan (guess that's a long away trip so maybe not)? The only positive is that I have Lallana in my Fantasy League team and captained him this week....

I took my son to Old Trafford today for his first football match...cracking day out - good weather, and a home win for him to cheer on (after he got over the fear of the noise from the cheering of the first Rooney goal). But what a cracking weekend of football this is turning into - Chelsea loss to Palace, ****nal/City draw....the Liverpool game tomorrow will be great. Supporting Spurs tomorrow like @cooldan :)

Back
Top Bottom