What's new

Power switch for TAF

You can filter the RS list on voltage and current rating required.

well I got the new switch fro RS came today, thanks for advice, which seems to be right, but it hasn't solved the problem! switch it on, and you get a clunk and a crackle from the speakers (normal) but the display doesn't light up, and the vault thing doesn't turn. It will maybe come alive 1 time out of 10, getting fewer! what do I try next? thanks!

Hi John

You didn't identify the original problem - does everything else work? would it play a game?

It looks like we are almost neighbours as I am in Bagshot too! If you want me to have a look over it with you then drop me a PM.

Hi Ben .. I might well call on you then! Game plays perfectly once it's fired up .. I'll reseat the boards and take it from there.

In other news I have a friend, also in Bagshot, with a Bally Elektra that he would love to get going properly if your talents extend that far ...

Hi Ben .. I might well call on you then! Game plays perfectly once it's fired up .. I'll reseat the boards and take it from there.

In other news I have a friend, also in Bagshot, with a Bally Elektra that he would love to get going properly if your talents extend that far ...
Ok, no problem!

Shutdown as in total darkness or just stops responding ?
Do any fuses blow now when a ball is in play ?

seems to be ok now thanks everybody for their input. I replaced the power switch for one from RS, at first that seemed to work but then it reverted to it's old ways. I then took out every connector from the backbox and cleaned them with switch cleaner .. that seemed to do the trick!

It wouldn’t have been the power switch I doubt mate. Like Andy said, you’re 5v is dropping and resetting. Removing the ribbon cables will have cleaned a bit of corrosion off the pins and helped conductivity but it will likely be a short term fix.

Back
Top Bottom