What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power switch for TAF

You can filter the RS list on voltage and current rating required.

well I got the new switch fro RS came today, thanks for advice, which seems to be right, but it hasn't solved the problem! switch it on, and you get a clunk and a crackle from the speakers (normal) but the display doesn't light up, and the vault thing doesn't turn. It will maybe come alive 1 time out of 10, getting fewer! what do I try next? thanks!

Hi John

You didn't identify the original problem - does everything else work? would it play a game?

It looks like we are almost neighbours as I am in Bagshot too! If you want me to have a look over it with you then drop me a PM.

Hi Ben .. I might well call on you then! Game plays perfectly once it's fired up .. I'll reseat the boards and take it from there.

In other news I have a friend, also in Bagshot, with a Bally Elektra that he would love to get going properly if your talents extend that far ...

Hi Ben .. I might well call on you then! Game plays perfectly once it's fired up .. I'll reseat the boards and take it from there.

In other news I have a friend, also in Bagshot, with a Bally Elektra that he would love to get going properly if your talents extend that far ...
Ok, no problem!

Shutdown as in total darkness or just stops responding ?
Do any fuses blow now when a ball is in play ?

seems to be ok now thanks everybody for their input. I replaced the power switch for one from RS, at first that seemed to work but then it reverted to it's old ways. I then took out every connector from the backbox and cleaned them with switch cleaner .. that seemed to do the trick!

It wouldn’t have been the power switch I doubt mate. Like Andy said, you’re 5v is dropping and resetting. Removing the ribbon cables will have cleaned a bit of corrosion off the pins and helped conductivity but it will likely be a short term fix.

Back
Top Bottom