What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power filter help

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

guys
I had one of these blow on my bride of pinbot and I -think- this one has blown on my Defender cocktail table as it's totally dead - just wanted to ask is there any way of testing this? I have a multimeter but not sure what to test for or best way to test it? Or what expected results I should see on a Woking or dead one! (Obviously with the power disconnected lol).

I'm pretty sure it's power coming into the game that's the problem - as the power feed is split to two transformers- one is the original that is feeding the monitor and the other to a much more modern power transformer - neither of them power up.

All help appreciated.

Cheers
Neil

Neil the 4 outer wires are live and neutral so take them off the filter and check with your meter left to right for a short but if it is shorted a fuse or trip would go in the plug etc. then check top to bottom either side to make sure it's not open.

Ronnie

Ronnie many thanks. I can only test this if I disconnect it all? Was hoping to avoid that lol. I've also got a suspect feeling about transformer that is doing 220->110v that some one bolted onto the machine :(

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170212_99f1518122757cad28e33e7cd4598a6c.jpg

Cheers
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you could check left to right black and white wire for 240v when powered, or as I said pull those 4 wires off should be spades the green wire is earth

Ok thanks will have a play.

No fuses on the machine have gone

Back
Top Bottom