What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your xMas lights?

84930490.jpg

Come on it’s literally the end of nov!!! ITS XMAS LIGHTS TIME :D

I went a bit mad this year, spent far too much on a falcon controller and 5000 pixels that are all individually controllable.
Have spent 3 months learning xlights and have sequenced some nice shows.
Was meant to put everything up this weekend, but from having a positive covid test I now don't have the energy to move.
The mega tree is 12ft and can display fantastic effects and even images.
I hope I can set it all up next weekend...

Attachments

• IMG20211114141532.jpg
    IMG20211114141532.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG20211114123126.jpg
    IMG20211114123126.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 70
I have always wanted to do it after seeing all the homes in the US when they do light shows.
The hardware is all easy, leaning xlights is a bit like learning Photoshop, takes some to work it all out.
This is just a short clip at 30% brightness, I have made about 6 different shows all different colours.
The tree blends into the stars, snowflakes and rooflines.

I have always wanted to do it after seeing all the homes in the US when they do light shows.
The hardware is all easy, leaning xlights is a bit like learning Photoshop, takes some to work it all out.
This is just a short clip at 30% brightness, I have made about 6 different shows all different colours.
The tree blends into the stars, snowflakes and rooflines.

@robertlucas1970 This is absolutely fabulous!!!!! If someone wanted to do the same, what did you use?

@robertlucas1970 This is absolutely fabulous!!!!! If someone wanted to do the same, what did you use?
You can buy everything from a company called build a light show.
The software is called xlights, it's free to download.
You would not be able to do it for this year because of very little stock left and the time it takes to learn xlights.

You can buy everything from a company called build a light show.
The software is called xlights, it's free to download.
You would not be able to do it for this year because of very little stock left and the time it takes to learn xlights.
Thx, just checked them out. Lots of great resources there to get me started. One more question if that's ok - where did you get your tree frame from ? Or did you make it yourself?

That frame is available as a slightly ****er Xmas led thingy at Homebase

Thx, just checked them out. Lots of great resources there to get me started. One more question if that's ok - where did you get your tree frame from ? Or did you make it yourself?
The frame is scaffold poles and all the fittings you get from eBay, It didn't even move in the bad weather we just had.
IMG20211029153324.jpg

Forced to do mine today, was🥶 at least my tree inside was easy😂
You can see the led blue lights around my pinroom door through the garage windows😎
Time to drink and be Merry!
B4DA4D1F-38FB-4EF9-B36F-AD468AEE5F5E.gif
2524E41A-69C4-4F0C-9F66-A0828715F9BC.gif

Back
Top Bottom