What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Popeye Saves the Earth

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Alias
Kris
The machine listed in the 'How much is it worth thread'. Please do read that thread because
@Sgt GrizZ has made a couple of observations.

Poor Popeye is now neglected and in all honesty I'm not going to chuck anymore money at it.

The video does a far better job that me writing but obviously I'll happily post additional pictures or footage.

Happy to take a grand or open to a trade of some description.

Cheers

Last edited:
A no brainier at a grand but unfortunately a grand I don’t have ATM
Bargain for someone though GLWS not that you will need it.

That will be sold by morning! It's a lot of pin for the money!
I'm tempted and it's a great price but there's another couple of pins I'm hanging on for so I better pass.

That will be sold by morning! It's a lot of pin for the money!
I'm tempted and it's a great price but there's another couple of pins I'm hanging on for so I better pass.

Cheers, it's a lot of pin that's not getting played and my son is really starting to enjoy pinball. Much better to sell it and get something with a few ramps.

[emoji54][emoji54] 1k!! Must resist

Just a reminder of my epic take on Popeye. I still can't believe I sold mine [emoji54]

Last edited:
emoji54.png
emoji54.png
1k!! Must resist

Just a reminder of my epic take on Popeye. I still can't believe I sold mine
emoji54.png

[/URL][/URL]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Do not resist buy it back.
I love myone it is a keeper for me.
And for a grand its quite a bargain.

[emoji54][emoji54] 1k!! Must resist

Just a reminder of my epic take on Popeye. I still can't believe I sold mine [emoji54]

[/URL]

A must read for anyone looking to get a Popeye 👍

That is such an extensive write-up and far too thorough to deal with point by point.

What I would say is that the Pinside rating for Popeye is ridiculous. It's a good game with a lot of shots and it's very deep thus making it incredibly challenging.

That being said there are a couple of multiball modes that are easy enough to achieve and that can keep the first time user interested.

I really like the upper playfiled and have become well practiced at making the extra ball shot. Yes in obscures the back loop but in all honesty I found CFTBL to have far more obstructed sight lines.

I love hitting those loop shots around the back too . . . . I think 6 in a row was my record.

My biggest complaint would be that the ramp shot only really comes into play to collect the jackpot which is a shame. Obviously it can be hit during the game to collect items but I'd have liked to have seen it incorporated more because it's a good shot.

A must read for anyone looking to get a Popeye [emoji106]

That is such an extensive write-up and far too thorough to deal with point by point.

What I would say is that the Pinside rating for Popeye is ridiculous. It's a good game with a lot of shots and it's very deep thus making it incredibly challenging.

That being said there are a couple of multiball modes that are easy enough to achieve and that can keep the first time user interested.

I really like the upper playfiled and have become well practiced at making the extra ball shot. Yes in obscures the back loop but in all honesty I found CFTBL to have far more obstructed sight lines.

I love hitting those loop shots around the back too . . . . I think 6 in a row was my record.

My biggest complaint would be that the ramp shot only really comes into play to collect the jackpot which is a shame. Obviously it can be hit during the game to collect items but I'd have liked to have seen it incorporated more because it's a good shot.
Fair point on the ramp shot. Maybe having it as a 'finish' shot on the Bluto Cartel modes would have been an idea. So taking one if them as an example.... if you remove all the toxic waste barrels from the sea by hitting the various lit targets, you then have a 'hurry up' ramp shot to complete the mode.

Damn I miss playing it [emoji16]

Such a great game, totally underrated by a lot of people, mostly people that haven’t played it I’d guess

id much rather have this than that new black knight that stern pooped out. Room is my main problem at the moment..

no offence to anybody that likes Black Knight, i don’t like any of the series though so I guess I’m odd

Yeah good price, rare to see any DMD pins for any less nowadays. I'd have probably snapped this up if I hadn't just bought an IJ.

Did you look at fixing the GI lamps? Could just be a bad connection in the backbox. Or is it just the lamps need replacing?

Yeah good price, rare to see any DMD pins for any less nowadays. I'd have probably snapped this up if I hadn't just bought an IJ.

Did you look at fixing the GI lamps? Could just be a bad connection in the backbox. Or is it just the lamps need replacing?
I haven't mate but must be a loose connection because it does sometimes light up during games.

Very fair price, if it wasn’t so close to xmas I think this would have sold quick!
Ive had one recently otherwise I would have been all over this.

Very fair price, if it wasn’t so close to xmas I think this would have sold quick!
Ive had one recently otherwise I would have been all over this.

I'm not in a massive hurry to be honest. I intend to use the money, chuck in a bit more and get another pin for about £3k. The STTNG is keeping me very busy at the moment anyway.

Genuinely surprised this hasn’t sold yet. To be honest I’m tempted but I’m already 4 over my maximum

Sale agreed to a forum member pending logistics.

Anyone know the best company to send a large pin to Scandinavia please?

Sale agreed to a forum member pending logistics.

Anyone know the best company to send a large pin to Scandinavia please?
A few years ago I sent a pin to Denmark using DSV

I packed it well on a pallet - fully wrapped in layers of thick cardboard and shrink, collection and delivery quick and easy.

_20191208_103232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom