What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll - King of eBay 2019

Who is the King of eBay ?

• LW3 guy

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Card Whiz guy

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Dolly guy

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

DRD

Registered
The forum has identified three spectacular eBay sellers this year, with multiple associated relistings of their games:
  • The LW3 guy: "we all know what It's worth"

• The Card Whiz guy: "There is only one person in the UK that can better my restorations and he knows who he is (GM).... it even has a new “Premium” Ball.... The restoration cost alone has exceeded £1500, so no silly offers of time-wasters please. I will keep this one rather than sell it for a stupid price. If you want the very best it does cost!.... Two "dreamers" have left small (non-refundable) cash deposits but failed to purchase. Please do not mess around!"

• The Dolly guy: "Very Rare 50 made.... Please stop sending me messages explaining it’s not one of 50.... I was told by the guy I’m selling it for it’s slightly different to the other 7500. I can’t tell you what the difference is.... Please bid on this item assuming it’s not 1 of 50.... This item is being sold to create space not to earn money.... If it sells for only £200 then it can gladly go for £200.... Please, no more pinball wizards sending me screenshots and facts, truth is I don’t give a toss!.... Good luck guys, one other thing, it’s been signed by Jesus !"

Ive put a bit of thought into this and I am honestly struggling to choose 😂 a personal favourite of mine is the project Stargate that's been on eBay for at least 2 years with no DMD, flippers, shooter, apron cards, and half the coin door missing for £3,250

There seem to be more and more “long term” machines on eBay than there used to be, or am I imagining it? Examples include:

£2275 Johnny Mnemonic
£2500 WCS
£2000 NBA Fastbreak
£1500 Mr & Mrs Pac Man (partly working)
£900 Mr & Mrs Pac Man (non working)
£800 Night Rider

They may think they know “what it’s worth”......but when it’s been on a while and DOESN’T sell, why don’t they drop the price until it does??? :hmm:

I have cast a vote for the Dolly guy but it’s a bit early in the year for a 2019 winner, surely there will be some more shenanigans before the end of the year.
P.S. I asked the dolly guy for a photograph of Christ’s signature to see if it matched the one he did for me in him and his dads book.... got no reply,

There seem to be more and more “long term” machines on eBay than there used to be, or am I imagining it? Examples include:

£2275 Johnny Mnemonic
£2500 WCS
£2000 NBA Fastbreak
£1500 Mr & Mrs Pac Man (partly working)
£900 Mr & Mrs Pac Man (non working)
£800 Night Rider

They may think they know “what it’s worth”......but when it’s been on a while and DOESN’T sell, why don’t they drop the price until it does??? :hmm:
Didn't used to happen so often when you had to pay to list and could only list for 10 days maximum, with one free relist. Nowadays you can put stuff on ebay even if you don't really want to sell it (unless you get lucky and a newbie pays a lot more than it's worth!).

The forum has identified three spectacular eBay sellers this year, with multiple associated relistings of their games:
  • The LW3 guy: "we all know what It's worth"

• The Card Whiz guy: "There is only one person in the UK that can better my restorations and he knows who he is (GM).... it even has a new “Premium” Ball.... The restoration cost alone has exceeded £1500, so no silly offers of time-wasters please. I will keep this one rather than sell it for a stupid price. If you want the very best it does cost!.... Two "dreamers" have left small (non-refundable) cash deposits but failed to purchase. Please do not mess around!"

• The Dolly guy: "Very Rare 50 made.... Please stop sending me messages explaining it’s not one of 50.... I was told by the guy I’m selling it for it’s slightly different to the other 7500. I can’t tell you what the difference is.... Please bid on this item assuming it’s not 1 of 50.... This item is being sold to create space not to earn money.... If it sells for only £200 then it can gladly go for £200.... Please, no more pinball wizards sending me screenshots and facts, truth is I don’t give a toss!.... Good luck guys, one other thing, it’s been signed by Jesus !"
I've had a couple of previous dealings with Card Whiz guy and have found him to be an unpleasant and agressive liar.

Sadly he is someone who has been on the pinball scene for about as long as I have.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

You missed him calling us turds. Most important, that one and makes him the outright winner!

I've had a couple of previous dealings with Card Whiz guy and have found him to be an unpleasant and agressive liar.

Sadly he is someone who has been on the pinball scene for about as long as I have.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
What's happened? He seems pretty keen on buying my Jokerz but I don't really want it to go to him so I'm looking for any excuse not to sell it to him really 😂 he just told me he does "high end restorations" himself... 🤦🏻‍♂️

And he may now know how you feel about it. I've also been around pinball for quite a while, so I may know CWG as well - couldn't give us a clue, could you? F'r instance, sharing his surname with a megastar footballer.

Dolly guy's reply to me when I asked what was special about it:

God knows mate, not ****d, selling it for an old fella who tells me it was one of 50 as it has something special about it, not sure what.

Anyway, do you feel better for getting that off your chest pinball master? Lol

Dolly guy's reply to me when I asked what was special about it:

God knows mate, not ****d, selling it for an old fella who tells me it was one of 50 as it has something special about it, not sure what.

Anyway, do you feel better for getting that off your chest pinball master? Lol
It sounds as if he's the one with the need to 'vent' some stress (not that we're really ****d).

But he's right about you being a pinball master.

As the person Selling the Card Whiz and seemingly subject to the ridicule of certain members of this site, The people concerned should note that not only have I sold the machine for the full asking price, I have been given a "Commission" to restore 2 other machines in the buyers collection, a Gottlieb Square-Head & Williams Comet.
Seems I was not so stupid after all eh guys !!

As the person Selling the Card Whiz and seemingly subject to the ridicule of certain members of this site, The people concerned should note that not only have I sold the machine for the full asking price, I have been given a "Commission" to restore 2 other machines in the buyers collection, a Gottlieb Square-Head & Williams Comet.
Seems I was not so stupid after all eh guys !!
Sounds "awesome" best of luck with the restorations. You should post shop logs of them

Last edited:
Comet restore would really be polishing a turd . Awful game that dated so quickly
Each to their own Steve....I always enjoyed playing Comet when it was new (though it could have done with Multiball) and I had one a few years ago and found I still liked it! :)

Good artwork too, I’m sure it will look great restored!

I've always enjoyed a guy called Leon on the Facebook groups. He has a few games for sale like Space jam for about 4k and a robocop for about 2.5k.
I remember him selling a game which he didn't even own once. Double the price for what the original for sale ad was for. I assumed he would just buy it when someone paid him

Back
Top Bottom