What's new

Complete Playfield Rotisserie

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Guys,

I really cant so work on my two projects as I could really do with a PF rotisserie.

Has anyone got one I could borrow for a few months? Or maybe someone has decent plans that I could use with bits that are easily available in this country (all the ones I checked out used strange and wonderful couplings that seem to be near-on impossible or REALLY expensive here).

So - needs to really be with bits i can pick up from B&Q, Homebase or Screwfix. I have access to a saw, screwdrivers etc etc. Needs to be full height (around a meter upwards in height), basically not a table top version...

Any pointers/suggestions etc would be appreciated :)

Cheers
Paul

I thought a man of your talents could knock one up using only bog roll tubes and sticky back plastic and a metal coat hanger aka blue Peter stylie;)

If it was that easy to get the bits i would have done it months ago. It;s a real pain as i wanna do some PF building and polishing out of the cab and if the lower PF is populated it's near impossible!! :(

I feel your pain I was gonna do the small version you can bolt onto saw horses think there was only one bit I couldn't locate. That was using iron pipe fittings and flanges

Liking the look of this, however, again, lots of pipe unions which are a pain to find :(

http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/jpinclad/media/rotissere/DSC02129.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

pipe fittings probably a pain to find at B&Q, diy stores etc, but I used to work in stores, engineering, etc and most factories need pipes and fittings so there are trade suppliers in most large towns were you can get the pipe and relevant size fittings, unions, bends, etc. The frame just looks like normal dexion racking.

Wooden saw-horses - that's another sore point. £££. and fold-able ones, ££££ !!!!! :( :(

A few things worry me about that picture. If I could build it, I would break my back getting the playfield it, it would then spin over dropping the playfield on the floor and damage it.
I might start building one on the weekend. :rolleyes:

A few things worry me about that picture. If I could build it, I would break my back getting the playfield it, it would then spin over dropping the playfield on the floor and damage it.
I might start building one on the weekend. :rolleyes:

Grrrrr ;) hahaha

I can find the angled iron here : http://www.richardsonsuk.co.uk/product.aspx?p=114

Reasonable price, however to cover all sides would need 3x2m lengths, after shipping and vat, £37.20

ffs - My father USED to have a load of it a few years ago before he tidied the garden... :mad:

try searching locally on ebay for dexion or slotted angle and you will probably find that someone is clearing out a garage or shed

Ok.... So after a bit of a day bouncing about to find bits, b&q nearly came up trumps...

So currently I have this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371930722.062915.jpg

Frame complete... This should accommodate wms wpc (before 87) 521x1067, wms wpc ('87 on) 521x1168, and pin2k 521x1092. A little re-jig and it should take wms super pin too 591x1168.

As for the supporting frame, this will take a little work as I managed to get my sizes wrong.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371931120.746980.jpg

Would have been easier to get a 5ft one, however the 6ft was cheaper and local. However will take more work to sort this side out....

More to follow tomorrow....

You will be selling the kit next.
Good work by the way, it actually looks like things are moving in the right direction in the Brock household. Getting pinball machines put back together that is.

Thanks for your kind words Daz :)

If I can get a good source of parts at a decent rate then I may well.... The most difficult bits to sort are the bits for the pivoting mechanism, however I have a trick up my sleeve.... :)

There is a screw thread on the "flange" where it screws into the Metal Bar that comes out of the tubing. To be fair, it's that tight that it wouldnt spin anyhow....

Not ideal, however it's not a bad first draft :D Will try loading a fully populated PF on there tomorrow to ensure it can take the full weight. Might remove the sides and just have the two ends - will see how stable it is. Need to pick up some clamps first :)

Finally done and works a treat :)

IMG_6466.JPGIMG_6467.JPGIMG_6468.JPG

The final solution which seems to work perfectly is Computer flooring supports - they screw up and down (Allowing the rotation) and also have a lock nut so you can lock these off in one place...

So the final shopping list ended up as.....

5ft Clothes rail (eBay)
Dexion angled Metalwork (B&Q)
2x False floor supports (eBay)
4x 1 1/2" u-bolts (Local Motor Factors)
Various nuts and bolts to suit

Congrats on getting this thing together.
Paul (I used to be a avid viewer of Blue Peter ) Brock.

Aaaaah good thinking on the floor plates - hadn't thought of that one.

Now I kinda wish i'd kept the spares we had when we had the raised floor put down. Doh!!

Back
Top Bottom