What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Played a Stern Beatles.... Also, thoughts on other Music themed pins

I’m waiting to see JJP GnR offering but over a few beers last night with the Mrs I asked her:-
If Stern Vault Tron with a few tasteful upgrades
And JJP do a good enough job with GnR what would you rather have?
She immediately said Tron.
I was surprised cause she likes GnR music.....
Think it would be a coin flip for me 😃

Only 2 in the UK not popular at the min other than jp and maybe stranger things it’s not been a great year for stern
Bk3000 bombed
Munsters bombed
Elvira bombed or maybe just a slow start like bm66

If you are thinking of the UK market maybe but I saw a lot of crazies buying Munsters here.

In the US black knight is everywhere as is Elvira. Lots of Munsters mid year last year but a lot less on location.

Elvira has great shots and the code is coming along but I think it will be another lyman Classic.

2019 I think I agree wasn’t so good for Stern 2018 I think was batter with GOTG, IMDN, B66 and Deadpool all shifting a huge number of games. Two of the previous years games but the code updates made all the difference. Stern could turn Munsters into a success if they faced into the code crapness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stern do have a production problem being they can’t stop as it’s too expensive to stop production but I do think they would do better only releasing 2 titles per year with finished code rather than 4
The vault stuff in the UK is dead no st vault sold and why would you when you can get a nice huo for 4K the nib will cost you £6500 same with most vaults
Stern made a massive error this year around Christmas as everyone wanted jp premium and there where non in production
It not going to be long before distributors are clogged up with stuff they can’t sell and won’t order new games as no one is a bottomless pit with money and space I know electrocoin have big stocks of Beatles and bk3000 going nowhere

As for Munsters I think with the lack of code update over the year it must be getting a complete overhaul but with the limited inserts on the playfield I am just not sure what they can do

It not going to be long before distributors are clogged up with stuff they can’t sell and won’t order new games as no one is a bottomless pit with money and space I know electrocoin have big stocks of Beatles and bk3000 going nowhere

Electrocoin could cut the price of Beatles and sell it in the same ballpark as it goes for in other countries if they want to shift some.

As for Munsters I think with the lack of code update over the year it must be getting a complete overhaul but with the limited inserts on the playfield I am just not sure what they can do

Dwight has said that The Munsters is done as far as code is concerned...

@CHRIS B PINBALLS not sure how the model works exactly but why do Electrocoin have a large stock pile of pins?
I though the model would be - retailer places order with distributor (electrocoin) who then secure order with Stern.
Isn’t that why we all wait a few months on NIBs generally?

Stern dictates to a certain degree of what you are having and there is also no point in shipping fresh air in a container
There is only pinball heaven who stock pins and electrocoin all the other people like hld advertising it haven’t got it in stock and only buy from electrocoin when they secure a sale

Id love a beatles around 5k but ec obviously have some kind of game plan to just sit on them . Bksor pro seems a hard sell as site ops wont take a risk on a non theme whilst the home buyers want the upper level.

£9995 at hld and I bet they haven’t sold one
I can only see them selling if they are the same price as a pro and that’s probably less than cost to electrocoin

I guess they will be sitting on that stock for years, they will sell eventually as the new pro price gets closer to 10k.

Electrocoin are to blame on this -
Stern set no RRP onto Beatles.
Electrocoin are charging over the odds.

But if you really believe they cost £2500.....

Knowing how much companies charge trade, I will tell you now - there is not a lot of money in it. Especially as Stern only offer 3 months warranty and PH give 2 years.

The Beatles will sell... eventually.... Having gone in Electro coins ware house they have things like original space invaders that are in the 'private collection'.

I guess they will be sitting on that stock for years, they will sell eventually as the new pro price gets closer to 10k.
Possibly but I think the title only appeals to a small few
When I look at the stock that pinball universe has they are going to be stuck with it forever

I guess that’s why PU prices are also cheaper than EC.
They will be buying more pins coming across the pond on multiple 40ft HC containers.
I guess that means 1. Cheaper shipping 2. Better deal with Stern

Stern did set a base cost though.

And we know the base costs for games from previous employees is at the £2500 mark...

next Bowen tutorial is beatles, I suspect released next week.

Such a great game.

Back
Top Bottom