What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pipeline closing ... :(

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just saw on Facebook :(

Sad news for Thomas and crew, and a sad loss for London pinheads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad news alert! The Pipeline is closing.

Due to a massive rent increase The Pipeline cannot continue trading on Middlesex Street. The rent has gone up more than 3 fold in only 7 years. The area has gentrified in a pace we did not anticipate, nor did we want to encourage. The aim for The Pipeline was never to run a posh cocktail bar or a restaurant; we wanted to provide an alternative space in the City for people with rock n’ roll in their veins. Some will say when we close our doors that we failed. But looking back we can’t help but think that we did a pretty good job in keeping this bar open for 7 years and we enjoyed every second of it. Thanks to all the greasers, punks, pinupps and regular joes who made this place what it is, as well as the unruly bands and just as unruly bar staff.

The final week of trading will be 18-23 July with the grand finale on Saturday 23 July 4pm till Late. Please come and say goodbye and drink a last pint before it is all gone. Expect some live music as well and special treats!

We will try to move our business to another location but nothing found yet so it might take some time.

Do contact us on info@thepipelinebar.co.uk if you find a place for us or if you got other things you want to discuss with us.

Kind regards,

Thomas
Owner of The Pipeline

So sorry to see this

Real estate prices are choking so much that was good in this country.

What a bummer, The Pipeline has been a regular stop on my go-into-London-to-play-pinball days for the last year. I hope they can find another location to house those games - best of luck guys!

It's a real shame but I know Thomas is planning a celebration about it's closing rather than just treating it as bad news. Hoping to make it down for the last day.

Only made it there the once , but was a cracking boozer .. Hope it finds a new home , like Worthing for example :)

Leeds has a thriving population of pi$$heads and pin monkeys. Move up here ! :thumbs:

Really sad news.

It got to the point that I always planned my hotels when training in London so that I could easily get down to the Pipeline in the evenings for a few beers and to sling some money into the Pins.

Hoping they manage to find a suitable venue for the future.

Noooooooooo!
This is where I meet my brother to hit the two pint demon mode and then progressively get worse and worse.

Enjoyed acdc there, TAF and AFM when it was there and recently realised as much as I love the theme I never really need to own a JD or a TZ.

I was also there to watch England lose to Iceland. Pffffttttt

I'm going to try to make it up - one last crack at TZ high score, which will surely elude me.

I'm gutted as I spend most lunch times in there letting Oscar watch me fail to beat his ACDC high score (although I'm Grand Champion on Kiss!). Love the place and very sad to see it go. I'll be in there this lunchtime trying to get the high score on Judge Dread and 'donating' as many pound coins as I can before they close.

I know how hard it is to find a suitable venue in London for a PinBar as I have been looking for nearly a year now. If anyone finds anything they think is suitable, please let me (or Thomas) know so we can keep the public Pin count up down south.

Sad news indeed. It was a great enviroment and a real gem in the city. I wish them all the best in finding another location and carrying on the great work.

There used to be a guy round these parts who called him self Calimori. But we haven't heard from him for a long time. Yup, he sure was a great guy. Some say he was taken by wolves, others maintain he never actually existed.

Sad news indeed. It was a great enviroment and a real gem in the city. I wish them all the best in finding another location and carrying on the great work.

It's a shame this place is closing, but every cloud has a silver lining: welcome back Geoff ;)

Anyone know if the games have already been taken out? Was hoping to play some pinball on Saturday, but they all look to have been removed from pinformer...?

A damn shame, good bar and great selection of pins. I only visited a couple of times but it'll be missed next time I visit London.

Anyone know if the games have already been taken out? Was hoping to play some pinball on Saturday, but they all look to have been removed from pinformer...?

I popped in on Tuesday afternoon while I was in London partly to escape from the heat. 5 games still there, TZ, AC/DC Premium, Stern KIss, WCS, and JD

Thanks for the update - just messaged them on Facebook, I'll post their response back here in case others are thinking of making one last trip :(

I went for the first time to play pinball and enjoyed that but the place itself lacks atmosphere. Too much space and music system that is very poor.

Neil.

I’m truly gutted to hear that this place is closing. It is/was easily the best place for many miles to grab a beer and play a selection of quality, well maintained pins ….and only 30 minutes by train from my hometown of Chelmsford. Here’s hoping they can find somewhere suitable and reopen soon ....maybe start the hunt for a new location here in Chelmsford, the rent will definitely be cheaper than London ;)

Update: stopped in today, games are all still there. Unfortunately, TZ didn't get any easier.

Back
Top Bottom