What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound unboxing and step by step installation

Romain

Registered
Hi,

I've made a video about the pinsound board I have received for my Theatre of Magic.

More informations about the board on Pinsound website: http://www.pinsound.org/

Features
  • plug and play sound board
  • full new amp 2.1 to provide the best sound for original speakers
  • each legacy sound can be upgraded with your own sound (can be easily updated with a computer)
  • possibility of mix between original sounds and high quality sounds (each time you set volume to 0, the PinSound board changes mix)
  • multi-tracks (the PinSound board can play many songs at the same time, unlike legacy sound board, which is more limited)
  • headset / line-out connector
  • tone control (treble, bass, bass boost, …)
  • fader control (back-box and cabinet independent volumes)
  • potentiometer input for DATA-EAST and SYSTEM-11
  • made in France

hardware-board-main-page2.png

Thanks for this review! I was wondering if this would ever come out after all the delays, glad it did! I'll be grabbing one for my DESW in the future to replace that cheesy music with!

I have just ordered two of these, will post videos of progress once done.

Any way to buy in Euro's?? There has to be a cheaper way of getting one, and with the euro sinking fast at the moment..... Rather than £239....

Any way to buy in Euro's?? There has to be a cheaper way of getting one, and with the euro sinking fast at the moment..... Rather than £239....

exactly may bring it down to nearer £200,prob be in then

i know

GROUP BUY!!!!

I want one for Congo.
Cheaper the better in my book.
Would a group buy get us one cheaper ? If so I'm up for that.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your interest in the PinSound board.
We can offer you offer 5% for 5 boards and 10% for 10 boards.

I invite you to check the production video made lately, to check how
this piece of technology is made:
http://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-board-manufacturing-process-movie/

About the currency, for UK delivery the payment has to be made in £.

Sincerely,

Timothée

Well thats pretty pointless then! I wonder if @zpeakabonk may be able to get these in Euro's at a decent price....

Worth a try.
I am very interested but would have to be a fair bit cheaper for me to bite.

A guy recently posted this to my Tommy Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-...inball-Machine-Data-East-1994/147739828633855

Replacing the versions used in the original release with the original Who versions.

To be honest I'm not sure in this instance it totally works ....I do find some of the original Who songs are a bit dirgy, some are fine of course ...eg Pinball Wizard. I think I actually prefer the DE Broadway release versions in the context of the game. And I am so used to them now, it kind of sounds weird having different versions :rolleyes:

Still - its a great piece of kit.

Recon we could get 20 of us if we could get more off - i would pull the trigger

Depends what their margins are - maybe 10% is the best they can do without practically losing money, even on a decent batch sale like that. 10% is still better than nothing! :)

To be honest I'm not sure in this instance it totally works ....I do find some of the original Who songs are a bit dirgy, some are fine of course ...eg Pinball Wizard. I think I actually prefer the DE Broadway release versions in the context of the game. And I am so used to them now, it kind of sounds weird having different versions :rolleyes:
On the boards the files are stored as .wav audio files, in 4 folders: jingle, music, sfx, voice. You can change any file either from the original set, or a remix.

I played with it on my TZ (I'm playing more now thanks to the board :p) by keeping the original set, and changing a few tracks. For example, I have changed the prelaunch music (in the folder music/000002-normal_prelaunch) by the Twilight Zone opening theme :)

On the boards the files are stored as .wav audio files, in 4 folders: jingle, music, sfx, voice. You can change any file either from the original set, or a remix.

I played with it on my TZ (I'm playing more now thanks to the board :p) by keeping the original set, and changing a few tracks. For example, I have changed the prelaunch music (in the folder music/000002-normal_prelaunch) by the Twilight Zone opening theme :)

NICE

How have you guys got on with this, looks like a great upgrade?

I have now fitted both my Pinsound boards, sadly one did not work in my Tommy so I moved it to Dredd to test it and it works fine in that machine, not sure why it did not like Tommy, I'll look into it another day.

So I have one in Roadshow and have re-orchestrated the 'fantastic' original music using some Creedence tracks, some Little Richard thrown in, The Champs - Tequila, and a finally by Queen track that fits my skills for the end of game. :rofl:

Its still a work in progress as there are a couple of bugs like the odd sound bite that does not stop paying when it should, new Pinsound firmware may resolve this (I have been advised).

Next up is Judge Dredd, for this I went the route of The Prodigy kind of fits the game IMO.

Again a work in progress, as again sounds are not stopping in this case the final playing track stays playing for a while after the game is over, also some levels need tweaking.

All good fun though.

Enjoy and I'm happy to answer any questions.

I also have one in my roadshow!
like you ive just been messing around with songs and some sfx.
nice to be rid of carline carter
A good one for Miami mode is wipeout by Surfaris!

Hopefully the new firmware sorts out the looping bobs bunker sfx

Back
Top Bottom