What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound fooked?

Skippy

Registered
Hello fellow pinheads!
So after playing well for the past month, went to play DE SW with pinsound board fitted.
Beep beep beep beep....no startup chimes....beep beep beep and thats it.
Covers off, all LEDs ok...except the LED on the USB board.
Removed USB to force the "no usb key present message"....nothing.
removed min ribbon cable between main board and usb....same thing...beep beep beep no chords.

Anyone confirm my thinking its broke?

On the plus side...at least i got the back glass signed by some Star Wars actors today.

Skippy

Hi Kevlar, yeah, dropped them and email as soon as i worked out it wasn't very well.
If i could work out how to upload an image here i would show everyone.
I will post any updates from the techies when i get it....in case it helps someone else here.
Skip

If it's under warranty don't do anything yet, as this advice will void your warranty. I had a similar problem and the advice from pinsound was to remove and re-insert the micro sd card that is under the gold security label around the middle of the board.

Thanks...i didn't even know there was one there :)
I will update you once the support team get back in to the office and drop me an email.
Appreciated the responses so far boys and girls much appreciated.
Skip

update for you fellow pinsound followers...
The techies from France have been in touch, and advised to do as above, break seal and reseat the mini SD card.
Done that...check...nothing...dead as door nail....i suspect a dead USB daughter board.
I have emailed the propeller heads back, and await to see what happens now with my board.
I assume i will have to send it back and they will either repair or replace it.
Very disappointing, as i have only used the machine no more than 40 times with the board in, given the cost of it i would expect it to last longer than a month.

I will keep you posted on how i get on.
Shame these boys do not have UK support.

Skippy

...response from Pinsound check the +5v on the white connector first and last pins, yep check nice 5 volts flowing....still dead.
Looks like it's going back :(

Evening all,
A quick update on the ongoing Pinsound saga, the team in France are going to send me a new mini SD card to slot into my board.
If that doesn't work then back the board goes.
I will keep you posted.
Skippy.

Evening again fellow pinheads....update for you on the ongoing Pinsound issue i have.
The technobods sent me a new mini SD card, mounted that in the daughterboard....and not to my surprise....nothing.
Email sent to Pinsound support, asking what now, my guess is to return the very nice Pinsound board now acting as paper weight i have on my kitchen table, along with the two mini SD cards.
Not being able to play my SW with the board in is p*ssing me off now.
Anyway...will let you know all what happens next...stay tuned for the next exciting installment.
Skippy.

Hi Kevlar, yes i kept the original board that i could put back in, but i do not like to keep swapping things in and out moving connectors (not a lot i know).
Was just sounding off a bit ;)
Skippy.

Evening fellow Flipper fiddlers,
Quick update on my issue.
The technobods, received my board back at base in France, i get an email, it's suffered an "internal" failure.
As i my diagnosis concluded, the term "internal failure" means it's fooked.
They are going to ship me a new board, which means i will have the SW up and running mid August...sheesh!

Skippy.

Hello flipper fans!
Well after a month my SW is back up and running, Pinsound confirmed an internal failure of the daughterboard, sent me a whole new kit free.
OK, service was a bit slow, but at least i now have a fully functional pin.
Skippy.

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

What is the deal with pinsound? Does it come with the updated soundtrack or do you have to download it to the sd card first?
Say if i was to get one for cftbl would it have all the real songs or do you just get a better sound out of the original cftbl?

You download the new soundtracks from the community forum, it doesn't come with any music on it :thumbs: So far only certain games have had soundtracks made for them and I don't think Creech is one. You could always have a go at making it yourself but from what I've seen the soundtracks done so far have been done by sound engineers and people who have decent knowledge in that area so I suspect it's not that simple :)

You download the new soundtracks from the community forum, it doesn't come with any music on it :thumbs: So far only certain games have had soundtracks made for them and I don't think Creech is one. You could always have a go at making it yourself but from what I've seen the soundtracks done so far have been done by sound engineers and people who have decent knowledge in that area so I suspect it's not that simple :)
So what's the point in them selling it as a cftbl pinsound board?
Screenshot_2016-10-20-19-07-45.png
I'll get my head round this eventually haha:)

I'm thinking of pinsound for sorting the cheesy music on BSD. Can I just add my own tracks (e.g. The film soundtrack) or do I get them with the pinsound 'BSD' board ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noooooo! the music is great on BSD and on Creech.
i don't get it, i thought Pinsound was mostly for band pins that used the bad music, like Rolling Stones, or games with scratchy audio like old Dataeasts

I really want to put the metal Black Knight 2000 music on my machine. upgrade the speakers and REALLY crank it up!

noooooo! the music is great on BSD and on Creech.
:eek: Music is great on Creech?:eek: ****ty cover versions of 50s songs. I always assumed they didn't use the originals as they were too tight to pay the licence fees. For me one of the best looking pins of all time bit with a dreadful soundtrack.
Not a BSD music fan either....

For modern sterns you can use Pinball Browser. Great little program. I was ****ing about with is a few weeks ago with AC/DC. Dead easy to change the music. Harder to change the video images etc but it looks like it can be done if you have the time.

For modern sterns you can use Pinball Browser. Great little program. I was ****ing about with is a few weeks ago with AC/DC. Dead easy to change the music. Harder to change the video images etc but it looks like it can be done if you have the time.

Yeah I have used the Browser on my Stones. I wouldn't say it's 'dead easy' , I had to read detailed instructions on Pinside, watch videos etc to get a grip on it. Was well worth the effort though.

Here's a very basic example of how easy pinball browser is to strip out and replace songs. I haven't really looked into it more but it looks like you can change videos/images etc but have to do it frame by frame.

Songs can be swapped over but they need to be the same length as you can't adjust the running length, so they either get cut off or you end with silence

For my DE SW, there was a package already available to download, i actually imported into the Pinsound app, and then "improved" upon the samples myself, some were missing, and some were poor quality.Also i took some from another package to form mine. Overall it took me maybe 3 evenings work to go through all 200 odd samples. I use Audacity to create samples, piece of cake really, just time consuming. In attract mode the table plays a funky disco version of SW theme, along with the 20th century fox intro.

Back
Top Bottom