What's new

Pinside top 30

Thankfully, I quickly realised the pinside top 30 is nothing like my own top 30. Loads of hype on there, perhaps due to Americans that pay huge prices will defend their purchases to the death, even if the game makes them puke on sight. You also get people voting down machines because they can't afford them, or because they want to buy a certain title. Its pretty amusing actually.

So, yeah, 13 of them anyway.

My turn! My turn! Errr... let me see... :rolleyes:

NONE! :(

But that's ok because I've got the best pinball machine ever made: PARAGON ;)

Interestingly, for me anyway, PARAGON seems to have dropped out of the TOP 100 on both Pinside and IPDB, now #115 and #111 respectively ,whereas when I got the machine last March I think it was around 68 or 69 on Pinside and it was #90 on IPDB. A quick skim over both lists and the impression I get is that the latest machines are showing signs of moving up and some of the earlier SS are dropping out. Some classics such as Centaur, Xenon and Flash Gordon are up, but others like Mata Hari, Black Hole and Paragon are slipping. Today there is only 1 pin from the 70s in the IPDB Top 100, whereas last year there were 3.

I found I had a backup of the IPDB Top 100 from 31st January 2013, so here's a movers 'n' groovers list of ups and downs compared with today's chart:

TOP100.png

Only new entry is Wizard of Oz. It wasn't released until April 2014, but enough people must like it to garner favourable reviews. Biggest losers are AC/DC and Fish Tales. Biggest winners are Stern's Spider-Man and TRON Legacy.

Right. Let's start chewing the fat on this one...

That's interesting - the WOZ at the local bowling alley disappeared last night. I asked where it had gone & the geezer said it had gone for a software update.

Wasn't there hardware differences between the prototype machines and the final release? But yeah, if not, I would also have thought a USB stick would suffice?

Wasn't there hardware differences between the prototype machines and the final release? But yeah, if not, I would also have thought a USB stick would suffice?
That's what I thought, but he did say that it couldn't be done from a USB.

3/5 of mine are in the top thirty - all of my current want list are too:)

Fish Tales not a top thirty game?:hmm: Top Ten IMO :thumbs: Loving that game at the minute.

The very early protos needed a board swap to update the software. Don't think any of these were sold to customers though. It's a ten second job with a USB now

That's interesting - the WOZ at the local bowling alley disappeared last night. I asked where it had gone & the geezer said it had gone for a software update.

What he meant was "It's gone to NERG, it'll be back on Tuesday"

From the pinside top 30 list that Dan posted

Owned: 5
Borrowed/have/had on loan: 11

@Nedreud Don't worry Spirit's fall from grace has been even more spectacular than Paragon's... from being in the top ten it's now 225! :eek:

@Nedreud Don't worry Spirit's fall from grace has been even more spectacular than Paragon's... from being in the top ten it's now 225! :eek:
Oh that is good news. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up for £50 soon, cos it's AWESOME ;) Widebody, 6 flippers, and the craziest collection of loops and shutes I've ever seen all packaged in a severely dated retro space theme. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

Back
Top Bottom