What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinside top 100

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Alias
Kris
I look at it quite a lot and read all of the reviews.

What does everyone else think? Is it accurate? Can we have one on here?

I notice Turtles is at the top (yes I'm sure it will slip down) and a bit of fluctuation amonsgt the top titles recently.

Is it the Bible of pinball ratings?

It’s a very rough guide I think. It’s so subjective, there’s tables near the bottom of the list that I love and tables near the top I hate.
Use it to see what tables you ‘may’ wish to own, then seek them out and play them.
Give me a shout when you’ve got MM set up mate [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at it quite a lot and read all of the reviews.

What does everyone else think? Is it accurate? Can we have one on here?

I notice Turtles is at the top (yes I'm sure it will slip down) and a bit of fluctuation amonsgt the top titles recently.

Is it the Bible of pinball ratings?
As accurate as you’ll get. It’s the most widely used and contributed pinball machine rankings list.
What reviews for anything are 100% accurate any way. Reviews are obviously subjective in nature.
Happy reading 💰💰💰

Only ratings that count are what you think - any other ratings useful as a guide but not the destination!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an IMDB account and it annoys me when the latest Marvel nonsense is released that they reach near the summits of IMDB's top 100. Of course those Marvel fans will see the film(s) first and score them highly.

It's similar to pinball ownership; if you pure thousands into a machine, you're not likely to admit in a review that you've wasted your money and that it's dreadful. Only when others (non owners) have played it do you get a better idea of its true ranking.

Cream always rises to the top.

Out of the top few in the ratings, one I rank personally lower is Monster Bash. Yes its good (as opposed to great), but I like Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars much better than it. Also prefer STTNG and Stern Star Trek over it. Still so many I've never played like all JJP's other than Dialed In, so its still probable MB would stay in towards the bottom of my top 30, but top 10 its a definite no.

Good to use as a guide.
I think anything that’s in the top 100 is a pretty good pin.
Very subjective, out of my small collection my Kiss is rated lowest in the top 100 but right now it’s my favourite 👍

The top 100 is ridiculous there are 5 games in the top 10 of All Time which have been out for less than two years.
They need to do something about it, a game with less than 100 ratings can’t match MM with 1600 + ratings.

Last edited:
They are all wrong as Congo is not number 1! outrageous!

Very subjective, each to their own, and we all like different things or have different ideas on what "makes a game good"

They are all wrong as Congo is not number 1! outrageous!

Very subjective, each to their own, and we all like different things or have different ideas on what "makes a game good"

I was having this very conversation with Andy today.

I hate overly long ramps, ideally the ball is delivered back to the flipper as quickly as possible.

When I played Stern Star Wars and these pillars popped up stopping the ball from rolling down the ramp I turned into Basil Fawlty.

Fast, furious, lots of combos, ramps and not too much stop/start & looking at screens.

Everyone is different though.

I agree. I like fast action, up the ramps and straight back to the player. To me, the playfield doesn't have to be littered with targets, Hence why I love congo.

Now, Whitewater, people rave about it, but I just couldn't enjoy it! it was frustrating at times. Same with JD, too much going on for me!

I am happy to be convinced otherwise, I hope if I ever pick up a TOTAN, which seems to be heavily populated, that it sways me a little, but I love the theme, which goes a long the way as well

I agree. I like fast action, up the ramps and straight back to the player. To me, the playfield doesn't have to be littered with targets, Hence why I love congo.

Now, Whitewater, people rave about it, but I just couldn't enjoy it! it was frustrating at times. Same with JD, too much going on for me!

I am happy to be convinced otherwise, I hope if I ever pick up a TOTAN, which seems to be heavily populated, that it sways me a little, but I love the theme, which goes a long the way as well

Never played Congo.

I don't think that you can convince people otherwise. There's little point anyone trying to convince you that you like JD, it's a personal preference.

I think what can happen is that you might initially dislike a machine after a couple of attempts. Give it an hour and learn a few rules and shots then things can change.

I just don't like things stopping the ball rhythm. Some people stop the ball dead (because they can 😂) but I'd loop the ball all day if I could.

There's also an issue with more recent machines which is the code versions. Some machines get total reworks, so some people buy it, sell it and rate it as rubbish on v0.8 and then others come along, buy them s/h and rate it great on 1.x code - Stern's own fault but it influences scores.

There's no substitute for playing a machine, which is a good thing as it's what keeps us all coming back for more!

Back
Top Bottom