What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins Rumoured 2020

Stern presents : Heavy Metal Mundane

Maybe put on the topper from Ballys Heavy Metal but the legs might buckle under the weight

Was JAWS not a working title for another Stern game in the last couple of years?

Seems Stern are not ready to let go of the DMD yet - which shocks me. I dare say they have to do a lot more work on animations on the LCD screen. But I bet it will be the same price as a normal game.

But hey - ROCK MUSIC AND PINBALLS - will NEVER work ! ;)

Surely this is a wind up. I quite like Sebastian Bach’s solo stuff but let’s face it he’s playing 500-1000 capacity venues. Not really the scale necessary to shift a £6k+pin.

mind you there have been some absolute howlers for metal album covers in the past so maybe Stern are pitching for this demographic.
1582123981944.jpeg

Seb Bach is a pinball fan we chatted about 5 years ago when I did some work with him but I do agree - he is playing small clubs and hardly an A lister.

The soundtrack could be amazing, but it is cheaper for Stern to use Seb Bach singing 'Youth Gone Wild' lets say than the original recording. Every track has to be published etc.

It would be kind of cool if you could put a memory stick in with say 10 of your favourite rock songs as MP3 and have them in the game.

You can hack the spike software to replace audio but this could be a great feature (that I am sure Stern would never bother doing as they generally do not ask for customer feedback).

OR could Stern do selected songs from:
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Metallica
Primus
Kiss
Iron Maiden
... or perhaps too much of a logical idea.....

Pick, that's a pretty cool idea. A USB slot just inside the coin door and you load it with your own music. Get around the licensing. Reduced pin prices. Win win!

'First ever official heavy metal Pinball' ??

Did they get it signed off by Heavy Metal ?
Or just marketing to get around the other heavy metal pins

Pick, that's a pretty cool idea. A USB slot just inside the coin door and you load it with your own music. Get around the licensing. Reduced pin prices. Win win!
Yeah, but there is a difference between playing music through a pin and being integrated into the pin theme...... but I see where your going.

I had to google who the other musical contributors are.

I think they should of just asked my buddies Napalm Death to do the soundtrack..... :)

Even if it is a rethemed Star Wars home pin (TM STERN) I can not see this being a winning theme over here.

HANDS UP WHO IS SLIGHTLY INTERESTED IN ONE?

I bet it will be like this:

Bloody hell. This is an actual thing and not a wind up?
Who the hell is going to want it? The theme sucks. It would be the metal equivalent of buying one of the TOTP cover albums from the 80s.

I guess the best thing is if you do buy it you’ll get to stick “R@re” in your future eBay ad.

Prices will escalate until the market doesn't bear it anymore. Limited edition things like this have a nice habit of clearing out their set quota. 'Nuff said.

There has to be a missing decimal point in that figure somewhere.... ?

Nope, multiple people over on pinside have been quoted that figure.

It’s SW Home with new art. SW Home was $4499 this is $8299 so $3800 extra for some new art :rofl:

Still got the napalm death video of the gig they played in Salisbury that I went to back in the 90s... :D

I’ve got Justin Bieber lined up to replace the music on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom