What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins in 'normal' rooms of the house

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Any of you guys got a pin or pins in rooms other than a dedicated games room? The reason I ask is my GF has stated a few times that she'd be cool with a pin in our open plan kitchen/dining/conservatory area. however this comes with a very strict caveats on what game is allowed. Dolly Parton and Flash Gordon okay, Tron not so much etc. So yeah, post pics if you do and suggest other pretty looking titles I might be able to sneak in.

20211012_193325.jpg

Too cramped. Used to be my office, will have to get the games room done (watch out garage) as I'm certain they will start breeding soon and giving birth to full sized offspring - what would a Hobbit x Houdini produce?

You have to have a great wife 🤭😋 I have a small open plan ground floor with an arcade machine and pinball at the end, although, the wifes solution to avoid seeing it was to crochet a blanket for it "lol', it's a big commitment for floor space unless you have an area that's dead, they dominate the room, if like me it's open plan make sure you have sky and a second TV in a bedroom 🤭 and allow the Mrs to buy what hobby stuff she wantsPXL_20211015_202818518.jpg

A mate of mine years ago had a taito space invaders cocktail table in his flat,when his girlfriend moved in with him he came home from work one day and she had put a tablecloth over it and a vase of flowers on it

A mate of mine years ago had a taito space invaders cocktail table in his flat,when his girlfriend moved in with him he came home from work one day and she had put a tablecloth over it and a vase of flowers on it😂
😂 Now that's funny, to he honest the crochet cover was a blanket, I needed something to protect it from the kids and the all black covers online are rather depressing, it just happened to be big enough to cover it. When I had my star trek she had started to crochet one with the logo on it but then I swapped it 😶

Have my machine in our open plan kitchen/living room; it's like that space was meant for a machine.....😉

Even though before it arrived I'd measured and showed my other half with a tape measure how much space it'd take up, there was a bit of eye rolling when it turned up.
It's working out o.k though:thumbs: - only thing is, due to the volume, I mostly play when she's out or hanging out in another room (unless she plays herself, which so far has been short lived)
When we finally gwt round to having a house warming it'll be switched on for sure though!😎

Attachments

• 20211024_124605.jpg
    20211024_124605.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 15
Understanding Wife is the reoccurring theme, I found moving pins into the living room when no one was looking ended up in being offered the dining room as a games room ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20210517_080227040.jpg
    IMG_20210517_080227040.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 46
My pride and joy in our kitchen/dining/family room. The room was built last year, and this space had been planned to take a vintage kitchenette. A great deal of understanding was required to then put the pin here in its place! But everyone loves the pin and it gets so much use here which is great. It would be a pity to have it shut away in its own room.
Big thanks to Paul’s Pinz for the machine.

Attachments

• 24179D33-530A-4C0D-9455-D0B1E10F9CF1.jpeg
    24179D33-530A-4C0D-9455-D0B1E10F9CF1.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 13
I don't think mine counts really, as you can see the house is a work in progress and they're only in the kitchen and utility until things progress and the pinroom gets done.
Saying that it's been over a year now and there's now three in the kitchen rather than two. For a total of five soon.

The original arrangement, before moving Rosie into kitchen to make room for a fifth one next to Road Show
20211027_132429.jpg

Kitchen now, Road Show is still in the utility room with a gap next to it ready for Fish Tales (I thought two williams together would look nicer than FT in the kitchen and Rosie next to Road Show.)
20211027_173652.jpg

I don't think mine counts really, as you can see the house is a work in progress and they're only in the kitchen and utility until things progress and the pinroom gets done.
Saying that it's been over a year now and there's now three in the kitchen rather than two. For a total of five soon.

The original arrangement, before moving Rosie into kitchen to make room for a fifth one next to Road Show
View attachment 151524

Kitchen now, Road Show is still in the utility room with a gap next to it ready for Fish Tales (I thought two williams together would look nicer than FT in the kitchen and Rosie next to Road Show.)
View attachment 151525
We’ve got a similar issue. Our front room currently has two pins in it and we have no other space until/unless we get planning permission to build a basement (which could take years).

Thus, any further pins will have to live semi-permanently in front of our beautiful fireplace…

Back
Top Bottom