What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Pinhaus: The Final Frontier - 27th April

Just a reminder - registration for Pinhaus opens on 23rd March on my website:

This always sells out fast so I recommend logging in to Eventbrite beforehand so you are ready to go...

Last edited:
Player list:
Sergio
Martin Bedford
Chris Miller
Emily
Nathan
Pete
George
Jeremy
Reece
Matt Peck
Nick Clark UK
DPock
Marc
Ian Clarke
Phil
Graham Swaffield
Helen
Paul
Jmac
Greg
Lee Parkin
Gaz
Gareth Arnold
Andy Brock

Waiting list:
Will Beynon

Biggest game shakeup in Pinhaus history.

Work in progress
20240404_152329.jpg

3 Star Treks together! It truly is the final frontier!
(If anyone wants to donate a Data East ST let me know 😎 @David retro @Matt Vince ?)

Full games list

Attack From Mars
Black Hole (sorry)
Diner
Dogball (WCS)
Fish Tales
Flash
HS2 (the Getaway)
Space Shuttle (Zaccaria)
Star Trek (Bally)
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek (Stern Pro)
Viking

That's 6 Space 🌌 related games 🎉

I thought two Star Treks were an achievement but now... There's four!
Needs a bit of TLC, the ramp lamp chaser board has been stolen and a few hacks to undo
20240415_213822.jpg
IMG-20240415-WA0014.jpeg
(It's not the eBay one)

I wonder if there's ever been a UK comp with four star treks together? Probably not one this small😆 such effort for our niche events 🙈

not seen 4 or more different star treks in the UK before. I've never seen the Gottlieb one but it isnt licensed anyway.

we had a Bally in storage but ran out of time fixing it for Destination Trek but Courtney did resurrect 2 Data East ones and the Shats signed some Bally posters. The Bally machine had no artwork left on the deck so would have needed an overlay. sold later to a couple who rethemed it . I (obviously!) kept the backglass.

At NLP Manchester we managed 7 Star Wars - well it was May 4th

Attachments

• star wars pins play manchester.jpg
    star wars pins play manchester.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 30
  • steve shatner.jpg
    steve shatner.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 31
  • star trek con.jpg
    star trek con.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 31
not seen 4 or more different star treks in the UK before. I've never seen the Gottlieb one but it isnt licensed anyway.

we had a Bally in storage but ran out of time fixing it for Destination Trek but Courtney did resurrect 2 Data East ones and the Shats signed some Bally posters. The Bally machine had no artwork left on the deck so would have needed an overlay. sold later to a couple who rethemed it . I (obviously!) kept the backglass.

At NLP Manchester we managed 7 Star Wars - well it was May 4th

Was just checking as thought I had and Pinfest 2021 had 4 different Star Treks in a Row.

Correct but @steve brum obviously wasn't paying attention at pinfest in 2021... :thumbs:

If you read the pinball news report you can spot @kevlar Stern Star Trek in the photo of the two Aliens, with a tiny bit of the ST:TNG backbox showing.

Funny enough the chaser light board was also missing out of the DE Star Trek at pinfest, that machine now resides in Skillshot and the ST:TNG still lives at SWL.

If the chaser light board is missing, it means that the chaser lights will need repair or replacement as well.

Here's how to do the chaser lights:

Last edited:
Probably I was just sick of looking at ST TNGs and blanked them out.

Once had 8 on a van with 4 other pins. Super lumps

Funny enough the chaser light board was also missing out of the DE Star Trek at pinfest, that machine now resides in Skillshot and the ST:TNG still lives at SWL.

If the chaser light board is missing, it means that the chaser lights will need repair or replacement as well.

Here's how to do the chaser lights:

I've already tested the lamp strings with a 9v battery , they all work but could a short still exist? Got a repro board coming but the wiring for the chase lamp board has gone except the remnants which are in this old terminal block.
They've been cut then extended but still not long enough for where the board would be situated.

Also one of the string lights lines was cut at the connector behind the ramp and then spliced into the wire for the lamps on the other ramp. It's very peculiar.

I'd love to know why the board was taken out and this weird hack was done.
20240415_215446.jpg
20240415_215614.jpg

I'm sure most of you noticed as it's been live for a few weeks, if not here's the Matchplay link for tomorrow

Star trek DE all working, with working chase lamps (it was just the board and missing wiring which I had to recreate from scratch).
Running 3.0 code.

Thanks @Lecari and @David_Vi for another great day at Pinhaus. Some great play all day, especially by Phil Stokes gaining his first trophy, superb all day consistency by Helen Swaffield, and an awesome run to the finals by Lee Parkin, narrowly missing out on a top four place by a playoff against the mighty @NateG119 .
Huge congratulations @robotgreg for being the first two time Pinhaus champion 🏆

Huge thanks as ever to Claire and David for hosting another fabulous day of pinball the Pinhaus yesterday and to Lee and John for the fantastic chair.Chili and Curry not forgetting class gorgeous cheesecake.

Delighted to win ,especially.awesome Star Trek trophy. Really enjoyed the day with some great games one highlight of which was against Phil Stokes on Attack from Mars losing 6.7 against 7.7B. I agonised over my choice of game for the final and, as ever, made the wrong choice with Viking but thankfully the Star Trek.games saw me through although it was a tough fight with Nathan going to a tie break.

Also very well played to Lee and Marc who just missed out on the final and Phil for his first final, very well deserved. Congrats also to Nathan and Andy.

I decided on the spur of the moment at the end of the comp to go straight home rather than drive on towards.Tilt for the following day, which I'm now starting to regret. I will really miss today's comp.and hope everyone has a lot of fun but I'm not sure I'd have had the energy.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who came yesterday - it is the people who make these events so special, and yesterday was no exception. There was such a great atmosphere all day - I really enjoyed it and I hope everyone else did too. I love that so many stayed after the comp ended, either watching the stream in the living room or having their own mini strikes competition!

Thank you @Kirpan and @Jmac for supplying the delicious lunches!

Thank you also to @PAZ and George for streaming the event - this game on Diner in the finals particularly sums up the atmosphere I think!: https://www.twitch.tv/electricelvis/v/2131080855?sr=a&t=2812s

The artwork on the trophies and the t-shirts was drawn by Cassie (who did the previous Pinhaus Has the Magic design): https://ctrlaltcassie.com/

Results are already up on the IFPA website: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=75228

As always I've added a photo album here (feel free to add your pics from the day), and some highlights below! https://photos.app.goo.gl/AXFRCRwpKWXoeayT8

PXL_20240427_092251962.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
The trophies and wooden spoon!

PXL_20240427_092254771.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
The raffle prizes - included a Fisher space pen, Star Trek mugs, a signed copy of I am Spock by Leonard Nimoy, and some astronaut ice cream!

PXL_20240427_132504641.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
All the attendees!

PXL_20240427_185510469.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
The crowd watching the finals!

PXL_20240427_194217743.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
Our winners - 1st Greg, 2nd Nathan, 3rd Andy, 4th Phil

Massive thanks to Claire n David for hosting a great day of Space themed pinball at Pinhaus. Really enjoyed the head to head format and playing the variety of machines … nice to have some classics in the lineup.
I will cherish the wooden spoon 😂 and use it as a reminder that some days it just ain’t your day at Pinball 😂
Look forward to a return visit sometime
Cheers Ian

Back
Top Bottom