What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinburgh gone :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
The problem with these 'big event' dreams are always the same - if it was so easy then go ahead and run one. Make it happen.

You quickly learn why it wasn't done before.
Let me take you back to the mid-naughties.... The days of Nick, Nik, Mr Squires, Stan the transport man, Poibug, and countless others who organised pinfests back then - so I think I am more than qualified to pass comment on this.

Straight 'pinball shows' only have so much pull, I never liked the show when it was done by Heighway. I walked out of it in about 20 minutes. Since then I have only attended Swavesey as it is a lot of the old gang.

I do not have the time to organise a show like this - but I have already offered my help in the music aspect to a show if you scroll up a little.

In no way have I knocked Big Phil's running of pinfest. I was trying to point out that shows that offer more things would be better for families and getting more people into the hobby.

I'm not talking about a pinball show, as you say I'm talking about something bigger and better.

The Retro Revival events and Play Expo events already cover that kind of a wide mix of 'everything plus pinball.' In fact it was a Retro Revival that basically brought me back into the hobby. (I believe it would have been your fault, @steve brum !)

They have decent attendance for what they do, in my opinion.

Going bigger than them is where it gets hard, and I'm saying it's easier to talk about going bigger and better, when we've had shows that are the size they are for a reason - and it's especially easier to think of, off the back of an emotive event like the loss of Pinburgh.

As Neil has said - it's a totally different league to hit the size of an American event, on the shores of the UK.

I'm not talking about a pinball show, as you say I'm talking about something bigger and better.

The Retro Revival events and Play Expo events already cover that kind of a wide mix of 'everything plus pinball.' In fact it was a Retro Revival that basically brought me back into the hobby. (I believe it would have been your fault, @steve brum !)

They have decent attendance for what they do, in my opinion.

Going bigger than them is where it gets hard, and I'm saying it's easier to talk about it when we've had shows that are the size they are for a reason - and especially off the back of an emotive event (the loss of Pinburgh.)

As Neil has said - it's a totally different league to hit the size of an American event, on the shores of the UK.

Play expo do a great job which will hopefully return next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NERG, Play Expo and Revival cover the whole gaming spectrum @pick

UKPinfest is purely pinball and is meant to be. It always has been in the past, hasn’t it?

I've always got the impression it gets tougher each year for Phil and NLP, despite more and more pins coming into people's homes.

It’s getting a bigger ask for people to donate games as prices go up. Letting the general public bash away on a 2k game unsupervised is fine. Would anyone be willing to let their GnR CE be used?

Hats off to the organisers and everyone involved who make these things work.

INDISC is now a world championship event (and damn hard!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

INDISC is now a world championship event (and damn hard!)

I was reading up on INDISC last night, I quite fancy going for that now insted of pinburgh, hopefully that will keep in place 😊

Its not on 2021 but will be 2022 assuming the virus is under control. I spoke to Karl about it this well. I'm definitely going to be there.

Apparently at USA shows they drop 30 pints of beer at a time, literally everything is bigger.

That’s not true James - spilling beer is never a problem because they can handle their beer ;)

That’s not true James - spilling beer is never a problem because they can handle their beer ;)

Wasn't it because the floor was wet too? I suppose in the USA though the floors would be wetter though.

I will never get to experience this and that is a disappointment.

They have carpet James.

agree with the general sentiment expressed here ....it's very sad 😭 for Pinball that the Replay Foundation is finishing ... never made it to Pinburgh , However ,I am grateful to have made it to the PAPA HQ in Carnegie,Pittsburgh for 2 PAPAs 😀 , big gratitude to Kevin Martin (one of the most uncelebrated heroes of Pinball in my opinion) , Doug Polka , Pete Hendricks & all Replay & PAPA crew , memories that I will cherish forever ! ps , Iron Maiden playfield just fell on my head & I'm nursing a bleeding & cut head FFS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Has there been anymore news on this, anyone stepped in to save it, or have they liquidated the assets as was being discussed.

Has there been anymore news on this, anyone stepped in to save it, or have they liquidated the assets as was being discussed.
its not going to happen. Kevin won't take the money he is owed from the community (several of us have tried).

agree with the general sentiment expressed here ....it's very sad 😭 for Pinball that the Replay Foundation is finishing ... never made it to Pinburgh , However ,I am grateful to have made it to the PAPA HQ in Carnegie,Pittsburgh for 2 PAPAs 😀 , big gratitude to Kevin Martin (one of the most uncelebrated heroes of Pinball in my opinion) , Doug Polka , Pete Hendricks & all Replay & PAPA crew , memories that I will cherish forever ! ps , Iron Maiden playfield just fell on my head & I'm nursing a bleeding & cut head FFS :rolleyes:

luckily you could have died with your boots on from an injury like that ! :D

I know of one of the machines has been delivered to a private owner so I suspect it's the liquidate option.

Back
Top Bottom