What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinburgh 2016

8 in the last round of the day. And, gulp, only gone and qualified myself into A division. First match tomorrow against Adam Lefkoff (who I am apparently seeded above)

**** just got real!

View attachment 33212

Tournament strategies for any of :
Sopranos
Pat Hand
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Medusa

Would be very welcome. I'm only vaguely familiar with EATPM of that lot

Sopranos - hit the drop target on the right in front of the small ramp to then light ball lock, shoot the ramp to lock balls and start multiball although it might be better shooting the orbit ramp/wireforms that feed back to the flippers and grind a score out.

Pat Hand - keep the left flipper up if the ball goes near to those pop bumpers on the left, long orbit from the right flipper and shoot the right targets with either left flipper.

EATPM - Ball locks critical, shoot skull to lock balls, cradle and shoot one ramp then the other.

Medusa, soft plunge the ball to keep in the top section. Hit the drop targets and avoid missing (subtracts your score)... Once in the lower half send the ball back up to the top section. Don't forget about the post between the flippers and the button to activate it (right hand side next to the flipper button the apron on the game does say)...!

Sopranos - during any multiball, the fish (far left) is an add a ball. In fact the fish always awards goodness whenever it is lit - it also awards envelopes (to advance up the chain to soldier to capo etc).

Think of Sopranos like the layout of MB. The spinner at 11 o'clock just to left of the safe is your friend, it awards modes and bonuses.

EATPM - I've had good scores by just hitting the left ramp (monster slide) over and over. It gives an ever increasing score if you can loop it (up to 1M per shot if I remember right). Eventually it lights another shot for I think 3M (I seem to think it was the skull lock. I believe it's timed though so you have to hit it on the fly from the previous ramp shot (feeds back to the right flipper). If you can find that ramp easily then it might be the way to go instead of multiball :thumbs:

Are you allowed to exploit the three switch rule on Sterns? That gives you a safe shot at the boat drop target on Sopranos if you short plunge.

Try to qualify Bing multiball before you start the boat multiball, it will make the 100 switch hits easier.

Plunger is removed to avoid exploiting that (flippers launch ball), oh and lightening flippers, and max outlanes, with no rubbers. Pinburgh is brutal. 3 points from that round

20160729_112036.jpg

Just seen David, he scored 4 in his round with Zach

Last edited:
Is that why you refused to sign it? Hehe don't worry about it, next round you will crush it, I reckon you'll get 8 points.

9 point round. Was holding on to a 10 briefly, but some guy from Dead Flip had a monster ball 3 on scared stiff. Can't bloody believe it.

20160729_131515.jpg

Woah that place is freakin huge. Is it as big as the NLP venue in Manchester?

After your 9-pointer I see you got a 6 and then a 5, so your record is currently 52-44, your rank is slowly but surely creeping up and up - currently 111th equal out of 684. Fantastic stuff.

David, after such a fast start (at one point just outside top 20) is currently on exactly the same score as you, 52w-44l, tied for 111th

Ding ding! Seconds out, round 10

So @Wizcat not only qualified for the A division but more than held his own in there, finishing 132nd overall out of almost 700 entries. Well done that man! :)

Enjoy the rest of the Replay fx event

Yeah I didn't have a strong finish. Really need sixes or more to have a chance at moving up. Still, I can't complain, was playing well above my comfort level and just enjoying the few points I managed.

David did well though finishing 79th and just 4 points from a finals place.

Next year maybe? Would be great to see a Brit in finals and I strongly encourage anyone to come and experience it. Really fun event.

Paul, any idea when the stream of the final will start?

Bowen says probably after the next round, so maybe an hour to 90 minutes from now (which would probably be about 6pm UK time)

Pins under the cameras are
Family Guy
Doodle Bug
Twilight Zone
Alien Star
Batman TDK
High Hand
Sorcerer
Nitro Ground Shaker
Spiderman (Stern)
Target Pool
High Speed
Paragon

Cameras will shaking constantly because of the wobbly stage platform they're being played on :/

Last edited:
I was tempted by the tourney today until I saw the queue20160730_140148.jpg

(Hillary Clinton is doing something in the same venue. If there are issues with internet streaming, I expect it's not unrelated)

Back
Top Bottom