What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinbrough 2020/Las Vegas

I've been to Vegas twice, loved it both times!

So much to do and see, plus with added excisions to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam its well worth a visit

However I'd stick to the east coast before Pinburgh... I'm considering a little road trip before next years Pinburgh taking in a little of the South

If people were looking for a bit of a road trip before the event I can highly recommend Memphis and Nashville. Fly into Memphis spend a few days there then drive to Nashville. Couple days there and it’s an 8 hour drive to Pittsburgh. Memphis in particular is such a great place and probably my fav city in the US. Graceland is worth a visit whether you like Elvis or not and there is plenty of other sights too, Beale St etc. And if you like bbq food the ribs in a restaurant called Rendezvous is the best I have ever had!

If people were looking for a bit of a road trip before the event I can highly recommend Memphis and Nashville. Fly into Memphis spend a few days there then drive to Nashville. Couple days there and it’s an 8 hour drive to Pittsburgh. Memphis in particular is such a great place and probably my fav city in the US. Graceland is worth a visit whether you like Elvis or not and there is plenty of other sights too, Beale St etc. And if you like bbq food the ribs in a restaurant called Rendezvous is the best I have ever had!

I was thinking of starting in New Orleans > Memphis > Nashville & Dollywood > West Virginia > Pittsburgh

I was thinking of starting in New Orleans > Memphis > Nashville & Dollywood > West Virginia > Pittsburgh

That has the making of a great trip! I’d look forward to your report of New Orleans in particular. I first went there in 2002 during Mardi Gras and had a cracking time for a week. We went again in 2010 and I couldn’t believe the devastation they were still recovering from after hurricane Katrina in 2005. Whole areas were still like a war zone. Unfortunately I think a lot of people left the area after they lost everything.
One small detour you could do between New Orleans and Memphis is pop into Arkansas to spend a day panning for gold on an organised day trip if that interests you at all. I really enjoyed it and have promised myself I’ll do it again one day in another part of the US. If you want I can look back and find the booking for where it was and the company we used.

This road trip talk makes me excited and Im not even going 🤣 Maybe in a few years when my kids are a bit older I’ll join you all

I am going to New York for a week with friends in October, then me and the wife go on to Philly for 3 nights then Washington for 4 nights , then fly to Chicago for 8 nights.
With 4 of the days visiting the stern factory and the expo, looking forward to it.

Would love to do the Deep South too

That has the making of a great trip! I’d look forward to your report of New Orleans in particular. I first went there in 2002 during Mardi Gras and had a cracking time for a week. We went again in 2010 and I couldn’t believe the devastation they were still recovering from after hurricane Katrina in 2005. Whole areas were still like a war zone. Unfortunately I think a lot of people left the area after they lost everything.
One small detour you could do between New Orleans and Memphis is pop into Arkansas to spend a day panning for gold on an organised day trip if that interests you at all. I really enjoyed it and have promised myself I’ll do it again one day in another part of the US. If you want I can look back and find the booking for where it was and the company we used.

This road trip talk makes me excited and Im not even going 🤣 Maybe in a few years when my kids are a bit older I’ll join you all

Panning for Gold would be amazing! I love a show called Gold Rush

Did you find any gold?

I am going to New York for a week with friends in October, then me and the wife go on to Philly for 3 nights then Washington for 4 nights , then fly to Chicago for 8 nights.
With 4 of the days visiting the stern factory and the expo, looking forward to it.

Would love to do the Deep South too

Washington DC is amazing so much to do and see :) I went 10 years ago and been dying to go back and do more of the museums

Panning for Gold would be amazing! I love a show called Gold Rush

Did you find any gold?

It was a great day out and a lot of fun. Also something that was on my bucket list as I am also a big fan of the Gold Rush show. (It’s a shame Todd and his crew aren’t in it anymore just to see what weird and wonderful new ways they could find to run an inefficient mine!)

Below is a photo of my haul for the day. I’m definitely not going to get rich on it and should stick to my day job! The actual panning process was incredibly hard to perfect to remove the larger material and leave potential gold behind. But at least I can say it came from I spot on the river that I chose at random and I personally dug it out and recovered gold from it. The other jar you can see contains pieces of red quartz crystals which were definitely easier to recover.

0A4D8721-B170-4993-9204-E8C88E6D67CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom