What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball WPC Wiring Looms - Gauging interest

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
I am currently in talks with 3 uk based cable & loom manufactures for the shaker and knocker looms that i have been making for the rfm upgrade with my new software. I have had enough of making them by hand!

This has lead me to think about other looms that i currently make by hand and some other ones from pinball games that may be useful for us long term collectors and restorers over the coming years. Cable looms are ageing along with the games and won't last forever. Bad connections and intermittent drop outs are only going to get worse as header pins age further.

So, i was thinking about getting a batch of this loom made. This is the 5v and 12v loom that powers all wpc era games and gives logic power derived from the driver board to all the main control boards (cpu, fliptronic and sound). Pic also shows the ac input for the fliptronic board cable (white)

IMG_3878.JPG

Would you be interested in a new one of these or multiple? For use immediately or for a spare.

I am probably looking at having to have min 50 made to make it viable so please let me know if you would be interested. I don't have an estimate on price yet, but i would aim for a cost of around £30 per item.

Other items i thought of are the high voltage cut off looms for later wpc games. The ones that cut the 20v and 50v when you open the coin door. These can be retro fitted earlier games to if you have the proper coin door switch.

Back
Top Bottom