What's new

Pinball valuations?

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Hi Guys

Still fairly new to pinball forum, but now have 3 within a short period, also have arcade machines and frequently on the Jammaplus forum. What is the process on here of getting an idea of the valuation of a machine or 2?

Assume photos / shop logs will be useful, but is there a specific area which I may of missed?

Would prefer not to deal with ebay, particular with the mount of time I have spent on them, would wish them a good home.

Xenon is by far the prettiest of machines I own, full LED, and my 1st to strip. Bad Cats, my second and the kids will miss her greatly, again fully cleaned within last couple of months and updated to LED. (Needs to go because I cant beat my 10 year old son, even though he currently has a broken arm!! in plaster)

Early stages, but what sort of price range for each?

Space as usual is an issue, twin seater takes up too much room, air hockey, etc...... wife prefer the games / tv room so it doesnt look cluttered. Son and I fed the two pins at Champery airport over the weekend, and fancy a change. (X-men and CSI, shame neither had been looked after much, particularly the X-men)

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sell the pair and buy a decent Wms/Bally game. £1100 should get you a Shadow or STTNG. Or even better, add a bit of cash on top and get a CFTBL, one of my faves

Is ebay the best place for these type of non collectable machines? Noticed a Xenon recently sold for £800!!

Is ebay the best place for these type of non collectable machines? Noticed a Xenon recently sold for £800!!

I'd take that Xenon price with a pinch of salt. He's sold it once on ebay already. He's not mentioned the famous playfield censorship or included pictures of it, so the buyer may well change their mind... Won't surprise me if we see it for sale again by the same person in the future...

I'd take that Xenon price with a pinch of salt. He's sold it once on ebay already. He's not mentioned the famous playfield censorship or included pictures of it, so the buyer may well change their mind... Won't surprise me if we see it for sale again by the same person in the future...

I noticed that the pictures seem to be a mixture of machines, the backlight with the purple leds in the circle ring look exactly like images I have posted on mine.

Does having full LEDs make any difference, or would you keep them and put in standard bulbs back in?

hey there Ian

so you are selling your games? i'd say the place you'd probably get the best price is eBay (hate to say it, but think it's true) just because the market will be huge, and the recent surge of interest in pinball, fuelled by things like the Pinball Arcade phone app, means that the disparity between available pins and greedy buyers is only getting bigger all the time.

having said that, the difference may only be £100 or so with an older game, so in that case your best places to sell are
(1) this forum, in the buy/sell/trade forum - put up loads of pictures, include contact info, and preferably name a price rather than going down the 'make an offer' route.
(2) the yahoo pinball group - predecessor to this forum, and still exclusively used by many, especially the older crowd, who are also the ones more likely to be interested in older games. loads of those guys never set foot in here for a variety of reasons, which is a shame as a lot of us had hoped this would be a replacement rather than an extra option, so i think all of us regulars in here also hang out there. here it is: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ukpinball/
(3) facebook now has various pinball pages, including a few where people can offer up games for sale. that said, i think it's a bit of a dead end on its own, as one bloke has been trying to sell a 'Fire' for months without much interest.

if you set the price right and present it nicely, any pinball will sell to enthusiasts, and that's what we all are here.

regarding what you said about LEDs, they kind of split opinion, and if you search you'll find plenty about them on here. if you advertise the game with a picture that has LEDs in, you obviously can't then take them out before the collection! i'm sure you didn't mean that anyway.

good luck matey

sitting with a bear.jpg

I assume Xenon would be the one of interest of this forum? Bad cats better for ebay? These 2 pinballs were happy until SST turned up!, and xmen and CSi at the airport. Metallica calling me..........

Will get some images taken today and post later

Back
Top Bottom