What's new

Pinball UK?

Always worry when the website doesn't have the pictures of the machines - ask him for them.

I can't comment on the condition of that Simpsons of course but I can tell you that I have bought from, sold to and traded with Colin from PinballUK and have always been happy.

I was looking at this before Christmas. Has some bad playfield wear on homer. Around sofa. It's been touched up. They sent close up photos of it and were very open and honest. Too much money as far as I was concerned.

I have seen it cheaper on here but assume this would be mint.

Don't expect to get anywhere near your money back in the future if you buy at that price, it's very high for a DE Simpsons.

i bought from Colin at Pinball UK and was happy with the outcome.
also from Chris B and also happy with the outcome.

Tbf there are the prices he advertises online through his business and there are the prices he sells to people on here. I had a SM off him for £2k a few years back

Tbf there are the prices he advertises online through his business and there are the prices he sells to people on here. I had a SM off him for £2k a few years back
Spiderman has never been 2k, I take it you are referring to Super Mario and if so well over priced.

Spider-Man, I might have to trawl through old emails but I'm sure that's what I paid. Might have been £2500, either way it was a more than reasonable price

Wish I'd kept that now. Sold it to fund woz :(
I am sure you do......
I am also regretting selling various games and not going to pay current prices. So like many, it is the hope you spot a BIN on ebay before anyone else:cool:

I bought my TAF from Colin at Pinball UK last year. A couple of minor problems I discovered after he left e.g. backglass scratched (easily fixed with a white oil paint pen), a few loose bits on the playfield that hadn't been tightened up properly, a cracked ramp (luckily these are cheap or I would be pi$$ed), one flipper with incorrect linkage parts needed rebuilding, another flipper not tightened up fully. Overall though I'm very pleased with the machine.

I bought my TAF from Colin at Pinball UK last year. A couple of minor problems I discovered after he left e.g. backglass scratched (easily fixed with a white oil paint pen), a few loose bits on the playfield that hadn't been tightened up properly, a cracked ramp (luckily these are cheap or I would be pi$$ed), one flipper with incorrect linkage parts needed rebuilding, another flipper not tightened up fully. Overall though I'm very pleased with the machine.
Sounds more than a couple of problems, and if I'd have paid top dollar I wouldn't be pleased with having so many issues with a machine. I'm sure it was a one off and it's not a regular occurrence, as you can't running a business selling faulty items.

Yeah it was more than a few problems and I blame myself for being too trusting. Also all the coil wrappers were removed so I have no clue as to wether or not the correct coils are installed. Luckily that was the extent of the problems. It could have been a lot worse. My advice: It's probably a good idea if you intend to pay dealer prices, and expect some recourse to consumer rights in the event of a problem, that you check on Companies House that the business you're dealing with is in fact a registered company. Pinball UK is not as far as I'm aware a registered company.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice: It's probably a good idea if you intend to pay dealer prices, and expect some recourse to consumer rights in the event of a problem, that you check on Companies House that the business you're dealing with is in fact a registered company. Pinball UK is not as far as I'm aware a registered company.

For clarity, I think you will find only have to register your business at Companies House if you are operating a 'Limited Company" or a "Limited liability partnership". You can operate a perfectly legitimate business as a 'sole trader' or 'partnership' without appearing at Companies House (you do have to register with HMRC for all the relevant taxes etc).

Arguably, dealing with a Sole Trader might make it easier to obtain recompense if you had a dispute as the individual ("Sole") is personally liable and can be directly sued or taken to court, whereas with a Ltd company you are trying to extract recompense fro a legal entity (with defined " Limited" liabilities)

Back
Top Bottom