What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball - Transferable Skills

DRD

Registered
Having removed mylar from a couple of games - scared stiff and vector, I have some experience of the dreaded flour technique.

Today, disaster struck in the kitchen. Rather than microwaving an item, someone grilled it.

This plastic cover did not fare too well....

20210226_170527.jpg

Molten plastic all over the damned oven.

But catastrophe was averted. Leaving the grill on and wearing welding gloves - the famous flour technique plus std issue foam cleaner came the rescue. 1614359369061528775474864582119.jpg

I did not think it would end this well ...1614359421233768303227680459486.jpg

My pinball skills have let me down 😢

We’ve got an integrated dishwasher which I’ve always loathed. It’s been playing up a lot over the last few months. Decided to order a new one.

Then I discovered the issue.....

When the builders redid our kitchen for some reason they bolted the bastard thing to the wall behind. There’s no access via the sides or way to get behind. On top there is now a large granite worktop that I can’t remove.

Can’t currently get any builders to come round.

The only thing I can think of is somehow getting someone to destroy the machine and take it out in pieces.

Briefly considered moving instead.....

There’s often screws in or around the seal grooves where the door closes that hold it in to the sides, added to this the feet can ‘weld’ themselves to the floor and if it’s a tight fit can make it seem like it’s bolted in place.

There’s often screws in or around the seal grooves where the door closes that hold it in to the sides, added to this the feet can ‘weld’ themselves to the floor and if it’s a tight fit can make it seem like it’s bolted in place.
Thanks I found the two screws and removed them.

it’s a super tight fit and initially I thought it was just wedged in.

I gave up and the guys from curry’s are the ones who concluded it’s bolted on.

Never seen an oven that clean even before melted plastic 😅

It's true . . . . I'll wager that dainty stove has never had a two dozen full fat sausages sizzling in it.

Thanks I found the two screws and removed them.

it’s a super tight fit and initially I thought it was just wedged in.

I gave up and the guys from curry’s are the ones who concluded it’s bolted on.
Id expect to see at least 2 screws either side and sometimes 2 at the top thru’ tabs, the leg levellers need to be dropped to give you wiggle room although sometimes these will be blocked in by later laid flooring. There’s not a ‘ bolted on’ capacity with these things, they rely on side fixing and snug height fit( screwing up the legs). There may be additional fixings fouling from inside cupboards either side , but that would be unusual.

Have seen where you have to disconnect water inlet hose first as this can be fitted without any slack and needs to be additionally wiggled out

I have installed a few of these. Normally there are screws by seal onto the left and right hand side into adjacent units

Often a top fixing or two, too. This can be a piece of galvanised metal - it might have been glued/ siliconed to the underside of the worktop or screwed in. It is worth shoving a thin pallette knife around top and sides of it (going right into the corners) to see whether any hidden screws or glue

Well worth slackening off the feet as you can really wedge these things in tight with them. They tend to have 2x plastic front feet that you adjust with a spanner. 1x rear foot that operates on a long hex bolt/ positive screw you access at the front.

Integrated kitchens look nice, but can become a right pain when things fail/ need replacing/ start to sag/ cabinets swell ....

I’ve removed two screw at the top of the inside door. I can get a pallet knife around the whole of the frame (although it’s super tight). Except where the two screw holes are. I’m guessing there’s a plate going onto the wood either side.
Front legs aren’t touching the floor. Adjusted the screw for the back leg and gone to the extremes both ways.
If I screw to the left the thing rocks slightly. Turn clockwise and it goes rock solid.
Still can’t slide the bloody thing out 🤬

Attachments

• 42444E75-FF9C-4976-885B-E16FB81F1F7E.jpeg
    42444E75-FF9C-4976-885B-E16FB81F1F7E.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 3B1A6431-65E8-4DBE-AED0-41571EE0F9A1.jpeg
    3B1A6431-65E8-4DBE-AED0-41571EE0F9A1.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
^^^ check underneath that the legs aren’t hitting anything that is preventing it sliding out.
The plumber did I right number on my integrated dishwasher.
He ran a PVC pipe in front of the back leg for the coffee machine so stopped it sliding out. Took me a while but got there eventually.

It’s entirely possible that the tiling stops just in front of the back leg. If so I think I might be buggered as I’ve got no clearance at the top. Hadn’t really consider that until just now.

Ok. Another theory bites the dust. Looks like the tiles go all the way to the back

Attachments

• FF041832-476A-47F2-A36C-7F85A557EBBA.jpeg
    FF041832-476A-47F2-A36C-7F85A557EBBA.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
When you replace it, get the narrowest one you can find. Widths do vary by a few mm

Wow that is super tight , ie very low you can't see the legs of the dishwasher , not seen that for a long time . When you fit the new one use furniture polish or washing up liquid on the floor to make it slide in easier !!

Back
Top Bottom