What's new

Pinball sightings - Castleford Xscape, Tron, £1 3balls.

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
thought i'd add this on here.

My first paid game of pinball for sometime was a Tron at the back of the Ski bar in Castleford's Xscape. We went to see the LEGO movie in 3D, which is great BTW, and had 30mins to kill before hand.

Tron - £1, 3balls.

Quite dirty & not flat...

Audio just enough to hear the effects, but drowned out by the background noise... could barely hear it.

All-in-all a very disappointing experience, especially after playing Todler's lovely LE with an external sub.

Oh well. Picking up an Addam's Family next week, playfield in great shape - rest assured it'll be cleaned, levelled & turned up to 11!

Could it be a sign of a pinball revival on the public scene then?

Been there a few times but not recently, never seen a pinball there before.

Any idea who's supplying it? Was there a sticker?

It was in the room where you can view the skiing - at the end, through some doors (with windows which is how i saw it), near the kids play area. This suggested to me that it was still seen as an 'arcade machine', and all kids like those - so put it in there with them.

Didn't spot a sticker, sorry. That's not to say it didn't have one though.

I also played the Stern Batman game in York's HMV before Christmas - much cleaner and i could actually hear it! Thought i did quite well too, but saw the highscore was at least 10x higher...

I know the room you mean, it was the room they used for kid's parties last time I was there. There wasn't one in there then but it was couple of years ago. I'll have to check it out next time I'm up that way.

Back
Top Bottom