What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball shot Achilles heel

Doggard

Site Supporter
Alias
Steven Dale
After watching gonzo“s latest vid with iron maiden, and playing some Congo this evening, it got me thinking about a type of shot, i constantly struggle to make, and that’s a ramp through pop bumpers. That type of shot I’ll make 1 in 10 times !

Just wondering what shots, of type of shots other people have trouble making, what’s your pinball Achilles heel ?

That was one of the reasons I sold my IMDN premium along with the infuriating Newton Ball ****ness that forever kept going out of skew after several games.
Gonzo mentioned clunkieness in his video which is a word I would have used if it wasn’t for the fact the McRae police will be correcting him and saying there’s no such thing just a crap player!
So me and Kris are both crap I guess 😂

Oh and I found houdini to have a few of those as I always hit the either side the shot I was going for due to the ridiculous tight nature of the layout with far too many shots crammed into that pin.
Shame is Houdini could have been there best yet.

I remember struggling with the right ramp on Road Show. That's a through the pops shot. Always frustrated me because it's part of the combo to build your bonus multiplier up and is an essential shot in a few modes.

I can now make it reliably, as if the pops aren't there. I think it came down to practice, finding the shot and being able to repeat it. As it's used a lot you can't avoid it and have to learn it.

There's probably games that have tighter shots through the pops, I don't know 😁

There's a few other shots that used to be issues for me. Casters club on fish tales somehow moves itself and takes me many games to find again 😂

Right orbit on Theatre of magic is another.

Generally I struggle with shots that are really late on the left flipper like the helicopter shot on jp. Shots off the right flipper for some reason I can dial in after practice

I hated the right orbit on bm66 so much that I sold the catwoman edition after a few months. It’s all practice though because I’ve now had the bm66 le for just under a year and can hit it quite consistently. It’s the crucial shot in the game

A hard shot is a hard shot, could be any type of gap, hole or target for me
TWD has a couple, Tron has a couple, DI sim shot, lock shot on MM (shouldn’t be but just is) to name but a few. I don’t mind them as like a challenge.
Even harder when you need to hit them!

Think I need to try Houdini!

Last edited:
Funhouse trap door shot. I just can’t hit it consistently. Infact after 7 years of ownership, just last week I adjusted the flipper alignment, dropping it back a millimetre which seems to have helped. Although since then, if the ball travels the orbit slowly and you don’t flip, the ball now hits the rubber beneath it which invariably send the ball sdtm!!

After watching gonzo“s latest vid with iron maiden, and playing some Congo this evening, it got me thinking about a type of shot, i constantly struggle to make, and that’s a ramp through pop bumpers. That type of shot I’ll make 1 in 10 times !

Just wondering what shots, of type of shots other people have trouble making, what’s your pinball Achilles heel ?
Aim for the top of the ramp not the opening of the ramp. The trajectory is the same.

Oi @Doggard , what do you mean you watched my video and it made you think of people struggling to play pinball? 😉😂

As Kev said the right ramp on Ghostbusters is really tricky . . . horrible shot actually.

I'm also struggling to hit the scoop in Godzilla consistently and until recently the left orbit on Deadpool.

Oi @Doggard , what do you mean you watched my video and it made you think of people struggling to play pinball? 😉😂

As Kev said the right ramp on Ghostbusters is really tricky . . . horrible shot actually.

I'm also struggling to hit the scoop in Godzilla consistently and until recently the left orbit on Deadpool.
I was feeling your pain, watching you try and make the right ramp, I thought to myself “it’s not just me who struggles with shots through pops “
let’s be honest these shots are by design, these designers are devious little buggers !

patiently waiting for your new vid, titled = I was wrong about iron maiden, it’s an absolute masterpiece 🤣

I was feeling your pain, watching you try and make the right ramp, I thought to myself “it’s not just me who struggles with shots through pops “
let’s be honest these shots are by design, these designers are devious little buggers !

patiently waiting for your new vid, titled = I was wrong about iron maiden, it’s an absolute masterpiece 🤣

Ermm . . . . yeah . . . .about that 😬

The tunnel shot on TWD is hard.
I find the catapult shot on MM a total bastard to aim for. Only ever get it by accident.

Smart missile on JP2 managed to hit that about 1 in 20.

The control room was always a bit of a bugger two.

In fact they were all hard. Maybe Im just a bit sh!t.

*Hangs head in shame

One of the most satisfying shots is where you miss the ramp but one of the bumpers powers it up the ramp for you. Result! 👍

quorra on tron, always struggle to find where that is on the flipper, guarantee I’ll hit that post at the bottom of the ramp

That right ramp on Ghostbusters is out and out broken, it's hard to hit and not satisfying when you do, bad combo.

The smart missile on JP is well judged I think. Huge rewards and the shot is only lit/available occasionally and nailing it is awesome. Very hard shot of course

Smart missile on JP2 managed to hit that about 1 in 20.

The control room was always a bit of a bugger two.

In fact they were all hard. Maybe Im just a bit sh!t.

*Hangs head in shame
1:20 what I would give for that :). I don't know if I have ever got it (yet!!!!)

I think we can all be bad in this game I have had some good scores (flukes), but at Pinfest I would have won the cup worst score on this game if there was one.

I think someone just plunging the balls would have got more :) and probably did. It's all learning and part of the pleasure/pain/frustration of being in this addictive hobby, I am not sure if you are hanging your head in shame, please don't, let's just laugh and support each other, as that is one of the things I like about Pinball.

Back
Top Bottom