What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinball shed / out building...

yup. probably worth doing in any case, and yes that'll do, see the kit above and you get the idea.

Neil.

Cheers Neil,

We use something very similar for my wife's hobby (horses), so we have an electric fence to rest patches of grass.

Chris

wow you seriously have that eye sore in your garden? :)
Hi Neil, no not any more. I was just responding to the discussion of bringing a container in by crane. We had this container on our drive for 6 months while we moved everything out of our basement and had that tanked and made habitable. Not a cheap solution but we've been very happy with the huge amount of extra space it has created. Some of which, to my surprise, has been allocated for pinball machines!
basement 1.jpg

Attachments

• basement 3.jpg
    basement 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 42
  • basement 4.jpg
    basement 4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 41
  • basement 5.jpg
    basement 5.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 44
  • basement 6.jpg
    basement 6.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 43
Living in a mid-terrace (of three!) I have little to no option for extending my house. The rear is on quite a slope and both the water supply and drains for all three houses run just behind the rear, so to extend I'd have to both have deep foundations to raise the level to match the rest of the house and have to move the water and drain. No thank you!

But I did wonder if going down might be a feasible option? Pretty expensive but an extension wouldn't be any less than £30k. Biggest issue would be the disruption.

I like the idea of a shipping container as an outbuilding though! Hardcore industrial look. Looking on eBay though the going rate for a used 20ft container is around £900-1,200, so snagging one for free was a definite bargain!

Same boat as you Nedreud. We're in a terrace too and with no access to the rear (fnarr) we have limited options in terms of getting outbuildings into place. And the tiny garden isn't much use anyway. In fact, when we had the Hot Tub delivered we had to ask the people behind us if we could take their fence down and bring it through their garden; thankfully they were very helpful. I suspect when we move we'll be leaving the tub behind and hoping the new owners don't object to taking it on.

Next place we're looking for will hopefully be at least a semi with access to the side and a garage at the rear. The garage will never have the car in it; the wife is already earmarking it as 'my space' but i'll be doing some work to make sure it's less of a garage and more of a pinball room.

Hope your looking for a large double garage, you'll soon run out of space with a single!

Back
Top Bottom