What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinball shed / out building...

Sounduser

Registered
What size sheds have you guys and girls got your machines in?

I cant fully lift the play field in my garage.... the ceiling is too low. Its getting annoying.

What floor to ceiling heights have you guys got?? Or do you take the legs off to service??

Cheers

Jimmy

Taking the legs off to mend machines would be a never ending nightmare.:confused:

I think there are restrictions about the height you can have a shed before it needs planning permission (2meters?)

outside height of 2.5 metres (Where I live anyway)
At the minute I have to lift up and then pull the whole machine back and forth to manoeuvre around the beam.

I did think about raising the roof. But I think it would be less work and better in the long run to branch out....
I keep hinting to the mrs that Im going to make a shed citadel at the bottom of the garden.

My pin space is ideal for 6 pins and modular when you need to expand! Its also a non permanent structure so no need for planning permission, I believe!

Shipping containers are the way forward! :thumbs:

Look on ebay, I was very lucky to aquire mine after it was converted with patio doors fitted and lined out with thick plywood.

Look on ebay, I was very lucky to aquire mine after it was converted with patio doors fitted and lined out with thick plywood.

Container sounds like a good cheaper example....only problem is how to get it over the house and in to the back garden!

Container sounds like a good cheaper example....only problem is how to get it over the house and in to the back garden!
If you don't have rear access you'll have to use a big crane and lift it over the house! Good luck with that.

The other option would be to cut it up and rebuild it, but don't think it's worth doing.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
If you don't have rear access you'll have to use a big crane and lift it over the house! Good luck with that.
What you can't see in the photos is the phone line he is navigating underneath. About 6 inches clearance between our wall and the wire.

I had this built although not originally as a games room! - takes 8 pins and some arcade machines - went for the balls out expensive option aircon, blinds in Windows, bi-fold doors. Built under permitted development so no PP needed.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160810_8d32bffa8d32dac66f3904ebc245e7d1.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160810_22e2fb985a206692f9fb7583a6abe439.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160810_1135f4dfc03d1c93c381c737a5cc236f.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160810_5d5ef30a34b5a46d5089a79c8614cf21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garden? whats that .. oh that's what used to be behind the house before 3 sheds took its place

Total was about 50K - cheaper options available but nothing came as close to this - walls are soundproofed and strengthened and warranted for 15 years. Great thing about it that it's added more in value to the house although I'm planning on being carried out of my current place in a bodybag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Including pinball machines I assume.....?!?!
Nice shed though.....blinds probably pushed the price up......ah, just noticed you are around the corner in Surrey......nowts cheap there.....

All I had to pay for this was delivery, and it was already converted as is all I had to do was rewire it as I wanted it, for 3 pins on each end.
.20160430_083817.jpg

All I need now is the pins to fill it, before adding an extension to it.:rofl:

All I had to pay for this was delivery, and it was already converted as is all I had to do was rewire it as I wanted it, for 3 pins on each end.
.View attachment 33848

All I need now is the pins to fill it, before adding an extension to it.:rofl:

Bargain. If you clad it with a good quality timber you would never know it was a container from the outside. Or just paint it grey for that Manhattan loft style / Bismark battleship look

I nearly took the same route with a container as a shed....large sheds / garden rooms, especially good quality are not cheap and you do tend to get what you pay for.......

The plan is to clad it and put a 8ft deck out the front with a roof over the deck and container.

When I clad it, it'll also get insulated on the outside and the windows will be replaced with double glazed units.

Making it a home from home!:)

Including pinball machines I assume.....?!?!
Nice shed though.....blinds probably pushed the price up......ah, just noticed you are around the corner in Surrey......nowts cheap there.....

nope :)

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom