What's new

Pinball room

octamus

Registered
What do you use for your pinball room, at the moment I'm using my dining room and need more space

Dining room, nine pins and full. Selling two to make 'one' space. Familiar story....

It was my kitchen and I could get 3 setup to play. Currently all 6 are in my Dads garage with only Flash Gordon on it's legs :(

Initially I had 1 in my kitchen. Then I moved the missus' dresser out and had 2 in there . Then I moved the fridge into the middle of the room, marooned and looking ridiculous so I could fit 3 in there!!
And now I've had my garage converted into a room at great expense so I can fit 5 and maybe a 6th little em under the stairs.
The things you do hey :rolleyes:

Upstairs spare room (3), with 4th about to go in newly remodelled Lounge.

Next I'll have to either convert the garage or extend the house :)

A nicely expanded lineup Steve since I was there picking up Tron. All in superb condition and not a single spare part or tool stored underneath !

I realise I was very lucky to be in a position to build a garage - pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157625789052335/

What a great games room and nice mix of machines. Love what you did with the render on the outside walls. Let me know if you ever want to sell that Apollo 13. ;)

image.jpg image.jpg

Single garage. Who needs to worry about getting the glass out!!! Well when you do it's time to call Mr Rubiks. Bloody nightmare. 2nd taxi is now replaced with FH

Things got a bit out of control for me. When we first moved into the house I had the back room for an office / living area with settees etc and an area under the front stairs to store a couple of thousand CDs (stock).
Then just over 6 years ago agreed to kill off the company to gain more time with the family and free up the space. :oops: Gave up the small stock room and in return was allowed to buy 1 machine to go in the office. One become 2 within 6 weeks (But that was kind of OK as it was TAF and the only game my wife liked).
Managed to keep it this way for 18 months or so. Then 2 more turned up and a settee got the heave. Needless to say Anna really wasn't happy and I was on strict instructions to downside to at maximum of 3. In a stroke of genius I realised that she wanted a new bathroom and we had very different ideas about how that should look. Sold all my rights to design and objections to budgets to the bathroom and let her do what she liked in return for being allowed 4 machines in the back room and assurances that it wouldn't ever be more than four. (Don't feel too sorry for her, she abused the agreement and to this day I have no idea of how she managed to spend far more on the bathroom than I had on machines).

Nine months later I got caught trying to squeeze another one in when I realised that I no longer needed the office space and a laptop in the living room would do as well as a PC downstairs. By now my wife was refusing to go into the back room and moaned that the "family room" was horrible to be in due to all of the machines. Thought about it long and hard, agreed with her....... then decided to chuck out the remaining sofa and replace it with more games (That one cost me a new kitchen;))

Numbers in the back room went up and down a bit. Fits 10 quite well. Can do 12 but it's quite unpleasantly busy if I do that.

Last year decided to build a shack to hold 6 more and reduce the back room down to 9 or 10. (Cost me a new patio and a lot of household furniture). Thought it would hold me for 18 - 24 months. Sadly I filled it before it was even assembled so I've currently got one stuck at a friends house. Anna's also trying to store garden furniture in it which seems quite unreasonable.

Really have run out of room now and the only other way forward is to store them folded up which seems pointless

Looking at these pics I can't believe how obsessive this hobby is?

I thought I was bad, but some of you guys are a lot worse! (Specially the 2 Johns)!

I reckon we'll all end up single if we carry on like this.:D

I had a games room before the split with my ex... Now I just use the lounge :( looking forward to getting a decent shed/games room in the future...... Sometime...!!!

Things got a bit out of control for me....

Heh, great read John and oh, so familiar.... Buying a cottage, £25K on renovation work, new bathrooms and a pen for two pygmy goats (!) have kept me in the games room permission bubble. Didn't help being the first room you walk through when entering the house.... Outbuilding or cabin is the future plan.

My neighbour is a champion motocross rider, his missus won't even let him display the trophies !

Heh, great read John and oh, so familiar.... Buying a cottage, £25K on renovation work, new bathrooms and a pen for two pygmy goats (!) have kept me in the games room permission bubble. Didn't help being the first room you walk through when entering the house.... Outbuilding or cabin is the future plan.

My neighbour is a champion motocross rider, his missus won't even let him display the trophies !

Ah a cottage that explains the low ceiling

I think it comes down to v v v patient and understanding partners!!!!! I spoke to your mrs jmp at your first meet and asked what she thought and she just stared at me and rolled her eyes and tutted !!!!!! Oops leave it I thought lol

Looking at these pictures i think i've got along way to go before A> i have that many games and B> a nice & suitable place to put them all.

AFM's in the utility room, next to sink, downstairs loo, washing machine & tumble dryer. Not ideal but a good compromise considering it's a bit tatty. My 2 fruit machines used to live there before they were relegated to the (old, crappy, cold, damp, not secure) garage.

Now:

IMG_0346.JPG

Sadly now removed to make way...
IMG_0024.JPG

TZ looks more shiny and is in the Dining room. I have no idea how the hell i'm getting away with that, except that she plays it more than i do. We have a portable partition keeping the machine and the dinner table separated.

IMG_0347.JPG

Once i've refurbed AFM i'm hoping she might let it back in the house...

My main problem is having nowhere to work on them - there are bits of AFM all over the place... Do other people have a separate workshop area, or is any work done just nearby or in the same room?

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom