What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball regrets

So that was 11 years ago, I only recognise Phil P and Phil E, who else was there? Rav? Phil D? Stormy? Darren B? and what did happen to all those boxes of parts?

I reckon the biggest bargain was the populated playfields starting at a fiver, those things were loaded with useful bits and pieces.

My biggest regret was not buying all of those playfields :rofl:

My biggest regret was not buying all of those playfields :rofl:
Yes the parts and Playfields were by far the best buy.
Went with nowhere near enough money and in a small car. Hardly knew anyone at that time and ended up going home with nothing.

I missed the first one (like many), as not many people knew about it... I was at the second and prices had pretty much jumped (from the lows of the first auction) to ebay working machine silly levels (for that time) for what were effectively project machines that hadn't been switched on for at the very least a year or two.

The lass running the auction was very naughty - ten pound bid any one? If you put your hand up and another 4 people put theirs up at the same time, she went 10, 20, 30, 40 then reached you (or whoever was last in line) £50.... any more bids on £50? meaning it could get very expensive very quickly...

Went hoping for a machine, got out bid on all occasions and returned home with a couple of playfields and a couple of backboxes. Most have been sold on but still have a few bits. The sold Spirit that I'm looking after came from there.

Lots of games were missing parts or had dead displays . I had to buy pinleds for time machine and road kings had no CPU etc. They had parts borrowed to fix sold games. The higher prices are for games bob had finished. At the pre auction free for all I went for £20 backglasses rather than the boards .big error. Wpc driver boards were £20 each. The best buy of the day was a complete wpc test rig for £100. Try getting one of those lol. Prices jumped in second auction so bought mainly video games and some bally bandits. Still have from these auctions the rare games we had ear marked ( James bond pharoah barracora robot spooky ) and the taxi which was restored.

Some of bobs pristine games like his fathom and mm never made the auction as there was shenagins behind the scenes. Many believed that ebay would be flooded after this but games seemed to drip out. Like ourselves , most went after machines they wanted and if something was cheap enough it went on the van as a spares doner such as twenty quid time warp and soccer kings.

Lots of games were missing parts or had dead displays . I had to buy pinleds for time machine and road kings had no CPU etc. They had parts borrowed to fix sold games. The higher prices are for games bob had finished. At the pre auction free for all I went for £20 backglasses rather than the boards .big error. Wpc driver boards were £20 each. The best buy of the day was a complete wpc test rig for £100. Try getting one of those lol. Prices jumped in second auction so bought mainly video games and some bally bandits. Still have from these auctions the rare games we had ear marked ( James bond pharoah barracora robot spooky ) and the taxi which was restored.
i bought the test rig steve sold it to sean who still has it that one originally came from deith i also bought another one which i sold when i had a big clear out

So that was 11 years ago, I only recognise Phil P and Phil E, who else was there? Rav? Phil D? Stormy? Darren B? and what did happen to all those boxes of parts?

I reckon the biggest bargain was the populated playfields starting at a fiver, those things were loaded with useful bits and pieces.
all the parts and play fields that didn't get sold went to a guy called neil patterson who took them to the shows then what was left got sold to me and nick bennet

steve can you remember me and my staff at the auction charlie and craig we had to load my van first because they where on tags

Yep lol. And do you remember someone swapped the numbers on the 2 wizards so they got the good one for 200 ish whilst I got the one missing stuff for £470.

Was there and picked up the TZ and JD from the first auction along with a load of spare ( boards, backglasses, posters etc) TZ was missing the clock and JD missing driver board, translight, dead world assembly and a few other bits. TZ was up and running quite quickly but the parts for the JD took a long time to source.
A lot of the original guys on the scene picked up loads of machines. Amazing to see all the machines and spares, just a shame it was due to the sad circumstances.

Yep lol. And do you remember someone swapped the numbers on the 2 wizards so they got the good one for 200 ish whilst I got the one missing stuff for £470.
the auctions where poorly run people where swooping the play field glass with the numbers on there was a few people in the auction that had no respect sad times really and toddler i had your clock sitting on my shelf

I chose not to go as I couldn't be bothered with travelling, plus I had TAF - what more could I possibly need?

My only regret? Not breaking up more than 2 X Files

Any one else remember an auction on ebay for something like "Clint's pinball division"? Probably 5 or 6 years ago. About 10 games and loads of spares for 10k. Seem to remember a MM in there and some other good titles. Thought about chucking a bid in but had no where to store them

My only one so far is selling Spidey back to @replicas when I did, its the one machine I've moved on so far that I've genuinely missed having in the house :(

My only one so far is selling Spidey back to @replicas when I did, its the one machine I've moved on so far that I've genuinely missed having in the house :(
No regrets here, playing my Spidey more than any of my other games at the minute, can't believe I nearly sold it on straight away :rolleyes:.

Any one else remember an auction on ebay for something like "Clint's pinball division"? Probably 5 or 6 years ago. About 10 games and loads of spares for 10k. Seem to remember a MM in there and some other good titles. Thought about chucking a bid in but had no where to store them

That was @andrew.m he got out of pinball, he wanted to leave it behind. He did well, he had no machines after that and is over ten again now :p

I chose not to go as I couldn't be bothered with travelling, plus I had TAF - what more could I possibly need?

My only regret? Not breaking up more than 2 X Files
Don't you regret not having more TOM bonfires? :D

I regret not buying the HUO DH on ebay a few years ago. £!600 and totally mint!!

I'm just waiting on @newdos telling us all about his regret......
Hmmmm..... let me see @Big Phil could it be a submerged DM by any chance!!! NAH!!!!

None at all really, other then taking a 10 year break from not touching my pinballs because I thought the whole thing was dead and buried !!!

Cheers Kev

Lots of games sold over the years at what would now be tiny prices (eg Addams £600, TOTAN £850, TZ £450) but selling my lovely Phantom of the Opera to Eddie Mole, formerly of this parish, is a big regret.

:(

I'd had it years and spent lots of time on it, it had an unmarked playfield, NOS backglass and it's just such a good game.....anyone who says they don't like Data East should find one and have a go, Pinball Arcade doesn't do it justice!

Must admit SM and ST are very similar, though I still think ST is the better game, but not by a huge margin.

Andy , I had first refusal on the POTO from Eddie but it came up at wrong time and I already have one although nowhere near as nice. I was really after his Iron Maiden but he had promised it to someone else first. We both come from the 80s pinball collecting mentality of £300 is most you should buy/sell a working pin for and its hard to shake that off! Amazed I managed to get 2 semi working games for sub £300 last year. they are still out there

We both come from the 80s pinball collecting mentality of £300 is most you should buy/sell a working pin for and its hard to shake that off! Amazed I managed to get 2 semi working games for sub £300 last year. they are still out there

£300??? I'd expect a good'un for that much!!!! ;)

Ray Foster used to sell some cracking games for £150-£200! I had 7 working comets one after another off Associated Leisure for £100 each and I moaned each time about the £15 VAT! And a ROCK minus backglass for £25 (A Bad News poster was stuck in its place as a temporary measure)+

Back
Top Bottom