What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball regrets

jonathan

Site Supporter
What are your biggest pinball regrets?

Mine:

1-Not buying a MM for £3500 a few years back. They were going for £6k+ 12 months later

2-Turning down a MB for £2k as it had decal wear around the legs :eek:

3-Turning down a pre order for Tron LE at £5k as I wanted to hold out for WOZ

4-Selling my TAFG with a Playfield that still looked brand new. I've just bought a ropey TAF for the same price I bought the TAFG for :tut:

1. Selling my Banzai Run.
2. Selling my T2 to replace it with a Black Rose. :cuckoo:

No real regrets but made a few iffy purchases along the way. Sold some machine for way less than they now go for, but was lucky enough to buy others at a fraction of their current prices. Occasionally I think back 6+ years ago and remember all the good games you could have for easily under 2 grand (most under a grand). I've got strong memories of seeing a brand new SM for 3 grand and thinking who could be stupid enough to spend that on a game.:oops:

Not so much regrets as a steep learning curve:
Pre-ordering Predator. Hmmm, probably should regret that one a bit more
Pre-ordering MMr (bit of a theme developing)
Pre-ordering the Hobbit (But got my Walking Dead out of it, so not all bad)
Turning down a T2 to get LAH as I'd never played one.
Not buying back my JP for £550 as "four machine were enough and where would I put it"

Throwing my gotleib Incredible Hulk in the skip as I could find no help in fixing it.
(Pre internet):(

Taking my Williams Barracora down the dump as I could find no help in fixing it.
(Pre internet):(

Not discovering pinball until pinball arcade came out in early 2012.
Backing out on a done deal for a LOTR for £2650 about a year ago because of warnings about the seller (devon), I should have just gone and looked at it.
Not getting divorced earlier :D

not buying a bigger house when a first time buyer. this error is now causing more regrets than any missed cheap pinball or sold nice one. and I could fill a book with those. TAFG number 667 for £700 anyone? Atari Star Wars cockpits broken for spares and landfilled? Boxed CC £400? Free Pistol Pokers and AG Soccer balls in boxes ? No thanks

Not getting in pinball years ago when they could be picked up a lot cheaper than they are today. Judging by others comments already placed here.

On the positive side I'm just getting into a hobby with manufacturers growing and producing more pins and mods which can only be good news for all of us. :)

Being far too trusting about the condition of some seller's machines, vids included on their 'say so'. On the whole most are ok and decent but there's always one that lets you down and you end up buying a bag of nails. *cough* arcade whorehouse *cough*

Not rediscovering pinball until the summer of 2009, thus missing all the Pinball shows held on my doorstep in Kettering in the middle of that decade.

So that was 11 years ago, I only recognise Phil P and Phil E, who else was there? Rav? Phil D? Stormy? Darren B? and what did happen to all those boxes of parts?

I reckon the biggest bargain was the populated playfields starting at a fiver, those things were loaded with useful bits and pieces.

Back
Top Bottom