What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Party Roll Call

Great show. Nice to meet the usual faces and a few new ones. I'm still annoyed that I came so close to qualifying and also that we ran out of time so I couldn't play the machines that I wanted to because of the huge queues and being in the final session. I'll be sure to avoid the final session next time. I enjoyed the NBA Fastbreak tournament too and again, just short of qualifying but I don't mind because you get to play some head to head pinball right from the start which I love.

At the dinner, George Gomez was a bit dull TBH and talked far too much about non pinball and entirely skipped RFM because "we all know about that already". The food was pretty poor this year. I did enjoy last year's food and speaker a lot more. I'd really like to hear someone like Lyman Sheats or Bowen Kerins next year, someone who can entertain a crowd. It was nice to be able to thank everyone though and especially the tribute to Dave Rolfe, even though I didn't know him was very moving.

My favourite table was BSD which I've never played before and it was a lovely example although it did have an issue that caused extra balls to be kicked out for no reason. It was also nice to have a go on a Tron LE too.

Roll on next year.

Mate, did you sell Farfalla?? Wouldn't mind that myself!

I'd guess bronco

I doubt farfella would be £125....

Great show, thanks to Andy H, his family and the rest of the team for all their work. Also big thanks to the competition team including Peter and the Raison family and all the volunteer markers who had their work cut out for them.

A lot less machine hoggers than my last party (2years ago).

Lastly big thanks to all the owners and suppliers that brought machines for everyone to play.

Cheers guys
Ian

Yeah I guessed that was the bronco. More an enquiry if it sold as I wanted to buy it. Although I'll happily pay £125 ;-)

I like the new name one of our NLP helpers is now called due to his Stellar refereeing on our NBA comp - "Geoff The Ref" as he is now known

Think he has a job for our show in October;)

Poi, I will be reporting for duty from Friday for set up and will be looking to get my own Ref outfit so I can be be Geoff The Ref for the weekend. ;)
NLP is a great group of people, helping out, bringing machines and running comps so it is good to be able to assist.

Yeah I guessed that was the bronco. More an enquiry if it sold as I wanted to buy it. Although I'll happily pay £125 ;-)

No, I lost my bottle after posting and declared it sold! I'm gonna have to move something on though, got more pins incoming!! Anyone after a Monopoly, CSI, Future Spa or Space Shuttle?

Ah man I'd love a space shuttle. Keep me in mind as and when it arrives Matt.
Those are the pins i already have, Space Shuttle is sitting in my lock-up awaiting a strip-down, (it'll be mint when this is done!) if someone else wants the pin and is happy to do the work, give me a shout!

Had a great weekend!! Absolutely shattered now though! I fell in love with the Centaur (Martin, please answer your phone!), really enjoyed Radical, Gold Wings and Tron. As usual, I didn't play anywhere near as much as i would have liked, but did manage to win a game of giant chess!!

Not all pins were overpriced, I sold one for £125!

Yeah, I wasn't on top form for that game of chess!

Radical is really fun, it's on my list of games that I'd like in the house. Centaur is great too, shame I was just showboating instead of actually playing the game when we played it!

I loved the centaur, pity the sound either wasn't working or was turned off, the voice in the pinball arcade version is awesome. Also I couldn't get the locked balls released, the inlane/outlane instant add a ball was working, also the ORBS hit in the right order but the locked ball release didn't seem to work, well not for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom