Pinball machine covers

Would you be interested in Pin Covers??

• Not interested at all

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Would only be interested if under £100

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Would only be interested if under £150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would possibly be interested in multiples dependant on price...

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Was looking again at these that Stern are pimping...

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=4795147

at $350 they aint cheap tho.

They are along similar lines to @bartron 's good lady used to supply (though since I never had one I seem to remember they were covers as opposed to thicker material for transport....

However Thinking about it in modern terms, I suspect now the price of machines has risen, and people are more inclined to want to save their possessions both in the home and when being transported to shows etc, then the demand for a multi-purpose cover might be more suitable.

I have been thinking about these for a long while now, however not really actioned anything.

So - I'm going to start looking about to find somewhere that I might be able to work with/alongside to see if we can get these produced at a REASONABLE cost (my aim is a Max £150 - Preferable at £100) - however if this is possible then maybe something can be done.

We used to have what we affectionately termed as "Rack Condoms" where I used to work, when we delivered 1.6 and 2 Meter racks to customer sites. These were basically a cover for a rack to allow it to be transported to a customer site and arrive there in one piece, minus any bumps and bruises. For the most part they worked really well, and sort of dropping the rack everything stayed perfect inside. So I have a little experience in these things.

I can see these being of two pieces - one part for the head, a second part for the body, and would be able to be used both at home as a protective cover, and also for transport, both with and without legs. Lots of industrial strength Velcro to allow more of a one-kit-fits-all use.... even EM's!

So if anyone knows of somewhere that might be able to produce something like this then please let me know. Also, If it's the sort of thing you might be interested in then please answer the Poll above to gauge interest...

cheers
Paul

I bought covers from Marco and they are now in the loft gathering dust. Pain in the ass to put on and you need to get all the way round the machine to do it, If the backbox cover is the 'slip-on' type you need a step ladder to get it on! In the end I stopped playing my machines as it was too much bother getting the covers off so they came off and stayed off.

and a sheet is perfect for if a machine is played regularly...... however if you have a machine in storage, if you want to transport it, or if it's a machine that isnt played too often, it's in your workshop and you want to protect it.......

;)
I bought covers from Marco and they are now in the loft gathering dust. Pain in the ass to put on and you need to get all the way round the machine to do it, If the backbox cover is the 'slip-on' type you need a step ladder to get it on! In the end I stopped playing my machines as it was too much bother getting the covers off so they came off and stayed off.
if you want to sell them steve, i might be interested !

Is that these ones? They looked quite good and are sold as not needing side or rear game access (Though not sure how you put the backbox one on in that case).

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-ESB

I view my machines as bit of furniture. I wouldn't buy a cover for a dining table, so why a pinball machine.

That said, some of the later games are extremely garish so a cover may make it easier to fit into a home.

image.jpg
I would contact the guy on Pinside, his covers are great at £55 each. He could probably make them with extra quilting in them and they would be cheaper.

I didn't realise Dave!!! Those look fine for cabs at home to keep the dust off :) I'm thinking about both that and making it so it protects a cab when in transport as well as stored..!! All those pins that get shifted with the worry of damage..!!!

I've found a supplier that will supply quilted waterproof canvas with 10mm+ of 3M padding quilted to the back for a very reasonable price.... So it just needs some thought with regards to adjustment and some industrial Velcro Sewn in..... Two piece design so a head can be transported separately if needs be, and if not it can be used to protect cables from head to cab when just folded....

Dan - I asked Stan however got no reply - more than happy to stop if Stan's good lady is happy to make more :)

The covers are great, yep they are for dust protectio when in a room, but I'm sure the maker of these would make something like the stern pin armour for a fraction of what they are charging.

Back
Top Bottom