What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in Vancouver

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
So I ended up in Vancouver for a few days - and after reading the recent Pinball News article I headed straight for Pub 340 http://pub340.ca/ near the popular Gastown district.

Its's a bit rougher round the edges than many of the bars nearby but I quite like that. Got an awesome pinball room just as you walk in with 11 pins , and there was a couple of old skool vids down the far end IIRC ...Galaga or suchlike. Pins all in good nick and pretty cheap CA$1 a game (about 60p), or CA$2 for 3 on most.

Funhouse, Creech, Addams, Tron Pro (blinged up with all mods), Star Trek Pro, WH20, WOZ (running 4.0), Metallica Pro, Playboy, T2, and WhoPlaysit

Anyway a few pics . We were there about 5pm and had the pins to ourselves, though from the posters for comps and leagues up on the walls its obviously a popular place.

IMG_2391.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2400.JPG

I also stumbled on this place on Granville Street, only a block or 2 from where we were staying .... Movieland Arcade !

IMG_2470.JPG

Now this place was awesome - very old skool arcade with loads of 80s/90s vids, including 2 x Ms.Pac Man and Pole Position :), and some pins - TAF, CFTBL, IJ (stern), MM, Playboy (stern) , SWEp1, T3, and Transformers Pro. Two or 3 were switched off with Repair signs on.

IMG_2467.JPG

Oh yeah ...... and Girlie Movies :hmm: . I didn't venture down the far end ( oooh err) ....honestly...but apparently there are the oldest remaining 'adult art' film booths in the city, unbelievably running old original 60s/70s film. Anyway its actually quite an interesting story behind the arcade. Amazing it has survived . Read here if interested ....(prob just @cooldan ;))

http://www.vancouverneon.com/page_q/q_arcade.htm

Seem's Vancouver is the place to go if you like the silver ball. Great pics.
Never thought I'd see a picture of you playing WoZ. Seems Poibug is not alone.

I thought exactly the same, let's give it a chance now the software is completed.
Thank God no one got a pic of me playing if. Played for free but needed plenty of beer afterwards to get over it.

It was Will seeing Ive playing one on FB (first picture) that made him turn to the dark side...! So he bought one specially to welcome him back home... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom