What's new

Pinball in Denmark

Wiredworm

Registered
I went along to a new Pinball location in Copenhagen last night.

I'd been to the Pinlab in Valby a few times before and really enjoyed it. So to hear there was another location being setup with 20+ machines was really great to hear.

We were lucky enough to get free entry but usually it's 50kr per hour with a maximum charge of 3 hours, but you can stay longer than that if you wish. So basically for 150kr (about £15) you can play from around 4pm until late into the night (i'm not entirely sure what time it's open until - we left around 22:30 and there were still people playing). All machines are set to freeplay of course.

You can buy a beer or bottled water for 10kr too.

The new venture has been named 'Silverballmania' and yes they do have one of those machines. In fact one of the nicest things about the location is they have quite a wide spread of age ranges in their machines. It's located in the district of Norrebro

Machines set up to play were:

Silverballmania
Centaur
Popeye
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Roadshow
Time Machine
World Cup Soccer
Corvette
Johnny Mnemonic
Demolition Man
Indiana Jones: A Pinball Adventure
Lord of the Rings
F14: Tomcat
Space Station
Space Invaders
Lord of the Rings
Judge Dredd
Paragon
No Fear
Twilight Zone
WWF Royal Rumble

I played on pretty much every table and the venue wasn't so busy that you'd ever have to wait for a game. I really enjoyed playing World Cup Soccer and Junkyard. It was the first time i'd seen a Popeye and whilst I loved the theming I found the upper playfield obscured a lot of the action at the back end of the machine. Certainly one i'd play more of but it'll take a bit of getting used to not being able to easily see what's happening once the ball gets kicked up into the pop bumpers.

Anyway, here's a few pictures I took whilst at the venue.

2015-06-17 21.26.40.jpg 2015-06-17 21.26.45.jpg 2015-06-17 21.26.50.jpg

Blimey that would have been handy as its just around the corner.

Alas the Pinlab has really only got going in the last year or two. There seems to be a few guys in the city who have accumulated ridiculous collections but thankfully they want them to be shared and played by people.

One of the owners of the venue we visited last night now has 40+ machines in his collection. Oh, and price wise I thought it was pretty reasonable, especially when I saw how quickly their electricity meter was spinning. I think if you presume £1 per game I had probably spent my £15 worth inside of the first 30 minutes....

Back
Top Bottom