What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball for kids

FinalFight

Site Supporter
Just wondering if theres any decent kids pinball machines to learn.. I know you can get the little table ones cheap but theres so many i wouldnt know where to start. I was thinking of something like them star galaxy ones?
Shes only 3 but keeps pointing the toys ones out in the shops
Cheers
Ste

Harry was 28 months on the 5th. He’s been playing for probably 6 months with some capability. He can navigate to shame multiball (more through luck than judgement but when the menu comes up knows what he’s doing). Me is very good in multiball and can cradle multiple balls on a flipper at once and thinks it’s amazing.7CE8D2AA-4187-47FC-BFC3-B5B80E1BCCB2.jpeg
ABF94228-EB50-4C36-BC4E-C9EEB02D7EE0.jpeg

Lots of great family themed pins out there too. There was a Rocky & Bullwinkle up recently that would be perfect. Might still be available?

Edit - nah sold sorry.

Some kids have a real knack for pinball. Quick reflex’s and they are at a perfect height to see where the ball is going to go.

Depends on the kid though - my daughter's 4 and although she's had a go on all the machines I've had since she was 3, she never got hooked and can't really play sensibly. Might be a gender thing - guess I'll have to wait till my son grows up!

My four year old can already score 10,000,000+ on Fish Tales. He also really likes Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire on iOS.

In my experience, he seems to prefer games with bash toys where it's clear what the objective is. So, although he likes our Fish Tales, he can score quite well in iOS Medieval Madness because he understands that he needs to hit the castle, take down the drawbridge, lift the gate and then the castle blows up. Likewise, he enjoys hitting the Ringmaster in Cirqus Voltaire. It takes more convincing him to play games with ramps, or less clearly defined objectives, because he doesn't really understand how scoring works.

Our 18 month old desperately wants to play Fish Tales too, but his arms are too short to reach the flippers and we don't have a tall enough stool. He does keep on pressing the 'launch' button when there's a ball there, though, and he likes pressing the flippers.

My four year old girl has been messing about with them since she was born. She asks to play them. She loves Tommy and Dracula but isn’t a fan of IJ due to the video of faces melting.

Dracula has some potentially upsetting display sequences too, driving in a stake, and holding up a crucifix to destroy the brides.

I will find out when it fully works. We were fixing it as we played it a little

My Pi-Bo Wizard, aged 21 months, can now plunge a ball and occasionally remember to hit the flippers. Here he is at the Brunswick Arcade in London helping plunge balls on the new Godzilla.

My older boy (just turned five this month) is now a confident player who knows most of the rules to Lord of the Rings (and constantly provides unsolicited advice when other people are playing). His favourite pinball machines include Godzilla, Stern's Jurassic Park, Star Wars: The Mandalorian, Black Knight 2000 and Medieval Madness. Here he is at FlipOut in Croydon enjoying a game of High Speed. He decided he liked Black Knight 2000 without any parental intervention - when we took him to FlipOut, we let him play on the machines that he wanted (keeping him in sight), and he decided to play Black Knight 2000 and played it for nearly 30 minutes - returning to it several times.

Pi-Bo Wizard with Godzilla.jpgStep stool.jpg

Back
Top Bottom