What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Expo 2016

A few pics:
Queuing to get in
IMG_5192.jpg

Jack presenting

IMG_5196.jpg

The green thing is the phone, though it changes colour. The Einstein thing is the3D theatre. Theres a magnet in the middle of the purple lights

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

The in game graphics are definitely Sim City like. Here's the side art:

IMG_5197.jpg

Then on to the Alien launch. Lots of people in a small space, with two Alien machines working. The room was pretty dark and the machines look stunning with the glowing side art.

I've not seen the game before, but it looks good. The playfield furniture is very stark, plain bits of metal, very industrial, which fits with the feel of the movie very well. The backbox graphics are damn slick too. I didn't really get on with the screen in the playfield in FT, and when I had a single ball on Alien I was too busy to notice the one on the playfield. Maybe it takes getting used to.

You can't make a judgement easily on one ball, but overall I think this will also be a hugely popular game.

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

Koi is in the house...
IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

good for Andy, he looks tired but tanned and contented. playfield looks good but i hope that mama alien's teeth are made of metal or they'll snap off immediately. look forward to seeing some video of gameplay and news of when the first games will be available to play in the UK

Thanks for the commentary, guys. I'd love to attend an expo but it the meantime, it's great to have you as eyes and ears at the show!

GBP USD exchange rate must be a nightmare for HP, there's plusses and minuses for whatever way they choose, but volatility is always a problem and cheap labour always good :hmm:

The exchange rate will be a bonus for HP as it'll make the pin cheaper to buy for those abroad. More sales. That's if he bases his pricing that way of course.

IMG_6305.JPG IMG_6278.JPG IMG_6279.JPG IMG_6288.JPG
We spent the morning in Chicago university where they had put together a gallery celebrating pinball art.

With all the new machines coming out I'd completely forgotten about Silver Castle's Timeshock, I guess they aren't at the show? Dutch pinball? Homepin?

Dutch pinball are there but pulled their announcement. They have TBL and its moved on but still a long way to go I would say.

Chicago Gaming pulled the announcement of next remake which I'm quite disappointed about.

I didn't make it to the Alien event, jet lag and the need for decent food killed me :D

Houdini will be $6995 and out in June says American Pinball. It won't be In the Zidware cabinet. They won't do preorders. It will be a pc based system. Not the same as the zidware system.

They are a very low key bunch..no razzmatazz or presentation graphics, just four guys sitting at a table answering some questions

Houdini will be $6995 and out in June says American Pinball. It won't be In the Zidware cabinet. They won't do preorders. It will be a pc based system. Not the same as the zidware system.

They are a very low key bunch..no razzmatazz or presentation graphics, just four guys sitting at a table answering some questions

Kind of like the low key approach from Skit-B when they announced their Predator scam? Yeah, f*ck those guys.

Ok, June.
What year? ;)

IMG_6335.JPG IMG_6334.JPG

Apparently the largest pinball in the world!
Yet just read about a German machine 10ft x 20ft so maybe not anymore

Dialled in is definitely the star of the show this year. People seem to have forgotten about Big Lebowski etc etc. I've had a handful of games now and the more I play it the more I like it. It really should be seen as a Sim City disaster game, and the code is only about 25% done according to Jersey Jack.

Big queues to play it, and big names are joining the lines:

Here's Dennis Nordman

IMG_5223.jpg

and Roger Sharpe

IMG_5229.jpg

I've uploaded some gameplay here:

Back
Top Bottom