What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Expo 2013

Jesus yourself

I'm not watching the stream; I'm reporting what everyone on pinside is saying in the stern announcement thread. Did you miss the bit where mufc said he was expecting a walking dead or big juicy melons announcement?

Not sure what you are on about - haven't had much time today for every little snippet of gossip on Pinside ....been too busy recovering.

So you enjoy yrself fretting about it all, yeah

There's only one of us fretting buddy. If you don't know what I'm on about then try reading the rest of the thread before you get your knickers in a twist next time

Can I just inerject at this point and say I FLIPPING LOVE PINBALL. Don't care if its Stern, JJP or anyone else. The game is just awesome.

Thanks to all those feeding us the expo info. I feel really jealous not to be there, which feels an odd thing to say as a newbie to the world of pinball. Infectious is not the word.

Did you miss the bit where mufc said he was expecting a walking dead or big juicy melons announcement?

I missed it :D I said I expect an announcement, but it was only based on the ? advert in the program, I'm guessing the announcement was simply the flyers and the website related to TBL. Maybe there is something more who knows, seems unlikely

The hobby really has exploded this year. From the days of TRS and Avatar, we now have JJP, WMS remakes, Dude pinball, Predator, boutique pins and decent looking games like Metallica and hopefully Walking Dead soon.

I missed it :D I said I expect an announcement, but it was only based on the ? advert in the program, I'm guessing the announcement was simply the flyers and the website related to TBL. Maybe there is something more who knows, seems unlikely

It does seem unlikely, I said as much above

There's only one of us fretting buddy. If you don't know what I'm on about then try reading the rest of the thread before you get your knickers in a twist next time[/quote

Well apologies if I mis-interpreted yr post as another Stern bash. I'm tired and frazzled tonight after a couple of epic days. I prob shouldn't even be on here.

Big Lebowski was just a joke of a thing at Pinside. There was a theoretical 'if it was made, would you buy one' post ages ago.

Still could be a very elaborate wind up

Well apologies if I mis-interpreted yr post as another Stern bash. I'm tired and frazzled tonight after a couple of epic days. I prob shouldn't even be on here.

Sorry for biting back.

The more games the better imo. Can only be good for the 2nd hand market too

I listened to Gary's speech - it was pretty dreadful and no information about ST LE. Can't help thinking they missed a trick.

But otherwise, what a weekend! Amazing stuff. Typical bubble stuff though and no way can all these companies be successful.

Now, I resisted MM, but how do I get hold of that Matrix pin? ;):D

And who is behind the viral campaign for BL? Already a great campaign as we are all talking about it with 68 days to go!! The website/campaign is pretty slick so don't think it is the SkitB boys, not JJP as says only family friendly, Stern - not their style. So, brand new company?

Just got back from Expo, and it was great fun and slightly surreal. Like sitting at the bar with some other Brit (yes you know who you are, teachp8) who commented on how much he hated Fish Tales. And then noticing that sitting at the very next stool at the bar was Mark Ritchie (who didn't seem to mind the slight to his design ability and was chatting happily to Greg Freres and Gary Stern.)

Now that doesn't happen too often in High Wycombe I can tell you....

Also being jet-lagged is a pleasure when you wake up at 4.00am and wander down to the main games hall (which is open 24 hours a day) for a few pre-dawn games of Medieval Madness, Metalicca, AC/DC and the curiously addictive Champion Pub. The only others there were the few jet-lagged Europeans and some American night-zombies.

Definately worth the trip once in your life if you get the chance.

Thanks to all our Roving Reporters for their updates, I think it is wetting my appetite to go but I need to look at the costs. If it is cheaper to buy a Pin, I might do that.

Thanks to all our Roving Reporters for their updates, I think it is wetting my appetite to go but I need to look at the costs. If it is cheaper to buy a Pin, I might do that.

You just have to go to the expo before you die Geoff.
Its the law.

Back
Top Bottom