What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Dolly

pintableuser

Registered
For those of us who have to move pins around by ourselves this design may be just what you are looking for? Sorry I have no dimensions but should be easy enough to scale from pin in photo. I still lift the phone for helpers when I have to shuffle my lineup.

If you have a different method/design please add to this thread for the benefit of all.:thumbs:

Attachments

• pindolly.jpg
    pindolly.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 106
Do you have one of these?
I need something, I have to take the legs off everytime I move one.
Bought a set of 4 triple wheel castors that the feet stand on, but they keep buckling under the weight, and are a pain to get positioned under the feet.

Do you have one of these?
I need something, I have to take the legs off everytime I move one.
Bought a set of 4 triple wheel castors that the feet stand on, but they keep buckling under the weight, and are a pain to get positioned under the feet.

Works on the pivot principle. Full weld construction from box section mild steel. The length of the wheeled front legs is determined by the lift required, ....... If you want to lift a pin off all four legs it would be .... Floor to pin underside plus 60mm. Allow for load on pneumatic tyres. If you are not handy with a welder the local Blacksmith/steel fabricator will help.

Jolly good idea and a lot easier to store and move about than a table lift. However, only good for a localised move so we will still need a table lift.

I really need one of these. Crawling around using my back to lift so I can fit those sh*tty wheel castor things does my box right in.

Sounds like you need a hydraulic lift table.
Best thing for lifting and moving pins around a games room.

Do you think she can do the lifting for you ?
Think her chest might get in the way.

Last edited:
It will take your pin the same places a hydraulic lift can take you ...... But heh... I' m only giving you an alternative....... :)

Dolly Parton freaks me out. The lady never seems to age. I think David Icke has it spot on with her. She's an ageless reptilian shape shifter for sure.

The missus just went to see her in Newcastle recently. She came back with a T-shirt that read "It takes a lot of work to look this cheap"....Hhahah. I laughed all night long....

She ended up being the most watched person at Glastonbury.
So she is doing something right.

So the dog she was going to adopt was for her to eat and not look after.
Now I see it all.

Can a kind soul link me to where you buy hydraulic table lifts from please? I desperately need one.

@pintableuser - I do like your design though, quite impressed - but I'm after a lift for more than just moving it - because of my back I want to raise my game up a bit to help me work on it.

Cheers,

Johnny

Just put hydraulic lift table into eBay and you should get a good selection.

Reactions: jww
Awesome, thank you Rus121 and replicas, I'll investigate and hopefully pick one up this month. I need to play the 4 arcade machine and 2 pinball machine house tetris game when I get it :) (the lift being for the pinballs only)

I simply can't move the pinballs by myself and need to now, as well as it will help my back by raising up the pinballs a bit when I work on them.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,

Johnny

Clarke are not the best out there, but come in at a good price.
All depends on what you want to spend.

Does anyone own the Liftin Gear hydraulic trolley? Does it do the job well?

Or that Clarke one is back on ebay and I know the seller, just up the road from me.

Not sure if it fits between the front legs , will be a very tight squeeze at 50cm wide at the trolley's low height of 34cm. Any one use this one before?

Any other recommendations - no more than £200?

Last edited:
Just bought one of these, was out of stock so got an ex-demo for a discount :).

If anyone's interested...yes it does the job, makes pinball juggling much easier.

The width is perfect, but it could have done with being about a foot longer. The length is about half of a machine, so when lifting from the front with the backbox up, the weight of the machine keeps the back legs on the ground, so the backbox needs to be down when moving.

Rear castors are fixed, front ones aren't. For me it would work better if none of the castors were fixed, as I have tight corners to get round to get the machines out.

But overall a worthwhile purchase :thumbs:

I was wondering, on a modern Stern machine; what is the gap between the front legs at about 30cm height? I don't currently have any Stern games to measure, but probably will quite soon ;)

Measuring at 30cm height seems to be pertinent because it's about the average height the trolley's platform would slip between the legs to get under the machine before lifting.

The B/W cabinet legs are at a slight angle and naturally they're wider at the bottom than top.

I know Sterns are the same shape, but might be subtly different dimensions. I want to get a trolley that does the job for both.

e.g.

B/W gap between legs at top of legs / base of cabinet: 490mm
B/W gap between legs 30cm above ground: 525mm
B/W gap between legs at ground level: 560mm

STERN gap between legs at top of legs / base of cabinet: [ ] mm
STERN gap between legs 30cm above ground: [ ] mm
STERN gap between legs at ground level: [ ] mm

Cheers.

Don't think there's much in it don't own a Stern currently but the Liftin Gear trolley fits under AC/DC.

ok.

Can anyone fill in the answers to this please?

STERN gap between legs at top of legs / base of cabinet:
STERN gap between legs 30cm above ground:
STERN gap between legs at ground level:

Back
Top Bottom