What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Clubs?

Weisszach

Registered
I know this maybe a stupid questions but are there any UK based pinball clubs that regularly meet? My belief is that is hard to play pinball where I am located (South Manchester) but maybe thats because I am not looking in the right places.

I have no machines to play on as such but want to get involved, really, really want to play original machines instead of being confined to virtual machines (I said, don't hate).

Cheers guys, already bagged myself some tickets for the Expo on 8th October, literally only 5 mins away. Got in touch with UK Pinball league as well just wanted to see if there was anywhere else I can get myself on the scene. I want to play proper pinball machines to get a feel of them and maybe sneak one into my house without the wife knowing (hee hee)

There is an AC/DC at The Dockyard in Media City.
A Pirates of the Caribbean and an Indiana Jones at the FAB Cafe on Portland Street.
A Wizard of Oz at Guilty by Association in the Northern Quarter.
A Star Trek Pro at Corbiere's.

But as above....NLP and Arcade Club...

Reactions: DRD
There is an AC/DC at The Dockyard in Media City.
A Pirates of the Caribbean and an Indiana Jones at the FAB Cafe on Portland Street.
A Wizard of Oz at Guilty by Association in the Northern Quarter.
A Star Trek Pro at Corbiere's.

But as above....NLP and Arcade Club...

There's also AC/DC at Crazy Pedro's, normally something in The SevenOaks - last time I looked it was Champion Pub, and Judge Dredd in Brewdog.

As much as I liked Arcade Club when it opened, I'm not sure the pinballs are its priority right now.

Special When Lit looks great, got myself all excited then realised they are in Salisbury and I am based up north in Manchester. It was knowing you have won the lottery but being unable to find the winning ticket.

Special When Lit looks great, got myself all excited then realised they are in Salisbury and I am based up north in Manchester. It was knowing you have won the lottery but being unable to find the winning ticket.

Well you did ask for clubs in the UK which is a pretty wide search area...! :D

Many people make a weekend of it for our larger events, like this weekend and the festive gathering in December. There's normally lots of accommodation available after the tourist season has finished.

You Could drop in mine to play if your near on Sunday.
Thanks Ian, that's a kind offer. Would of thought about it, but the only transport I have until Tuesday is a rowing boat! We are staying on the old coastguard cottages on the river yealm. No roads just access by water! It is stunning! :thumbs::)

There was talk of Arcade Club opening up a second floor of the mill and having more pins out. Anyone know if that is likely soon?
It's still the plan yep. Lots of exciting changes in the future there. Was down there today. Pins were all playing well from what I saw. A couple (lw3, funhouse) had score display issues though. Overall, still a great venue.

That's what they did for the last 8BitFlip. Aside from the bit where part of the wall fell out it was a great venue :)

Arcade Club's definitely an excellent place to go for your Arcade/ pin fix. I love the collection of tabletop games in the bar/ food area as well. Very fitting.

That's what they did for the last 8BitFlip. Aside from the bit where part of the wall fell out it was a great venue :)

Arcade Club's definitely an excellent place to go for your Arcade/ pin fix. I love the collection of tabletop games in the bar/ food area as well. Very fitting.
I enjoyed my visit there greatly, despite a 2 hr drive each way. I was planning to go again but wanted to see if they were close to opening up the new area, if so I'd hold off till its open. In terms of value for money it seems unbeatable , £10 for unlimited games all day!

In terms of value for money it seems unbeatable , £10 for unlimited games all day!

Cough, I beg to differ... Special When Lit is £5 for the day or evening (unless it is a tournament involving trophies). Although we don't have any videos for people to play.

Then there is Tilt with their £2 Monday night league, not quite unlimited games all evening but not far off I guess. @Wayne J should be able to say more.

Then there is Tilt with their £2 Monday night league, not quite unlimited games all evening but not far off I guess. @Wayne J should be able to say more.

The last Monday of every month is the Tilt League meet. It's £3 to enter, there's 6 games in the competition, but you can play ANY of the other machines all night on free play.

The next meet is a week today - Monday 26th. I'll be posting about the special event that's happening this month shortly

Next Monday (26th) is the 3rd Monday Night League meet at Tilt.

Comp starts at 7:30 and we're usually finished in time for people to catch the last train home. For only £3 there's a 2 competitions - A high score comp and a 5 game league style comp. All of the other games are on free play for the duration of the comp.

Great range of machines and beers as usual.

This month Kirk and Richard have kindly donated a keg of beer. All profits from it will be donated to my charity event in October. (Link to details in my signature)

I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than raising money while playing pinball and drinking beer amongst friends? Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

It's still the plan yep. Lots of exciting changes in the future there. Was down there today. Pins were all playing well from what I saw. A couple (lw3, funhouse) had score display issues though. Overall, still a great venue.
Aren't there only like 8 pinball machines left now?

Aren't there only like 8 pinball machines left now?
Yeah, I guess it had been a while since my previous visit so I didn't really notice it :oops: . From memory it was TAF, Diner, Rollergames, SS, FH, MET, TZ, LW3, so 8 is probably right.

There were a few in storage, so I expect he's rotating them a bit more now, rather than having half 'in play' but not working!

Cough, I beg to differ... Special When Lit is £5 for the day or evening (unless it is a tournament involving trophies). Although we don't have any videos for people to play.

My apologies to @Special When Lit and Tilt. Just showing my lack of knowledge! Best, John

Back
Top Bottom