What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball club newcastle or north east ?

The seeker

Registered
Ok so along time ago i was selling a black rose pinball and as i was chatting with the chap he mentioned a pinball club and talked about it was if it were in the newcastle area? Is anyone aware if there is a north east pinball "place"? thanks

Last edited:
Not that I know of- the places I currently know have pinball machines are Alvinos (GOT) Head of Steam (WOF & CSI) the Hancock (SM)and the Mayfair (IJ4 & GB)- Hustlers had a Tron Pro which apparently kept breaking down and they couldn’t source parts for :rofl:. We desperately need a nice retrocade- there was talk of NQ64 setting up a location on Grey St- never been to one but they have some in other cities if anyone wants to pass comment on what they’re like? The Mayfair has been done out well and has a few repro Nintendo cabs like Donkey Kong, Cruisin World and Virtua Striker. Guessing their GB and IJ4 are from Paisley Pinball

I sited pins in and around Newcastle for a few years ‘til about 2014. Never heard of a pinball club.
I had a Black Rose from Newcastle area, came via notorious gangster Paddy Conroy who’d relieved it from someone who owed him. HUO, sold it to Mark Squires.

Yeah I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick, the guy said he got most of his games from whitley bay arcade back in the day , a gold mine back then I bet, i have only seen 1 game on location in Newcastle austin fricking powers in some cafe near the train station.

Credit to you Steve- you’re doing a grand job keeping location pinball going- Some fella in Whitley Bay near me has recently opened a Retro cafe, wish it him had some pins in it and not just old consoles

Yeah I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick, the guy said he got most of his games from whitley bay arcade back in the day , a gold mine back then I bet, i have only seen 1 game on location in Newcastle austin fricking powers in some cafe near the train station.
LOTR is now in Alvinos- never played one before as I’m newish to the hobby so will be checking it out. What’s the crack with the fella in Cramlington Industrial Estate with a load of new Sterns advertised on EBay? Saw him comment on the forum but still don’t quite get what his venture was about?

most of his games from whitley bay arcade back in the day , a gold mine back then I bet

Yup. Know a guy, he tunes pianos and plays in a Hollies tribute band, with about a dozen machines from Whitley Bay & South Shields arcades. Think only one is in full working order and they’ve been like that for years. Yes I have tried…

So i think this is now the "North east massive" thread. My mate who got me into pinball said he used to play pinball up from the train station near the bottom end of eldon square in a building Full to the rafters of EM pinballs that burnt down -TO THE GROUND back in the 90's he paints a great picture loads of em's school kids smoking 10p individual tabs what a time to be alive !!

LOTR is now in Alvinos- never played one before as I’m newish to the hobby so will be checking it out. What’s the crack with the fella in Cramlington Industrial Estate with a load of new Sterns advertised on EBay? Saw him comment on the forum but still don’t quite get what his venture was about?
I think he may have been doing something involving connecting pins on location but TBH im a hillbilly and wouldn't know one end of a Bluetooth from another either way i think the guy in cramlingtion is in a excellent position for selling lets face it stern will sell you a pin no problem but when it will arrive well that another story :) I'm amazed no one went and bought them all.

I’d be shocked if his DP, JP2 and Mando don’t sell quick. Hopefully some of the newer games make it to NERG next year- NIB is well outside my budget especially with the prices going up. Next game for me will be £3k ish depending on what I get for my WPT

Don’t think so- I think it got taken out but haven’t been there for ages . Last one I saw there was an Aerosmith

im sure the train station centurion pub had an adams family but the night i was in there i was trying to get off with a girl, not exactly what a woman wants to hear .. hey come over here i just got an extra ball :)

im sure the train station centurion pub had an adams family but the night i was in there i was trying to get off with a girl, not exactly what a woman wants to hear .. hey come over here i just got an extra ball :)

That was mine. Good earner.

Probably 10 years ago there was a pub in Low Fell with an Addams for a while (probably Alan's) and also a pub opposite Haymarket bus station/M&S (also Alan's?). Geek Retreat had one or two machines when they first opened maybe 5 years ago. but that didn't last long. And Paisley Pinball operated a few locations for a while. around the same time. I work in Newcastle (but hardly been to the office since first lockdown) and in 14 years in the area have hardly ever found pinball machines on location.

There are a few of us in the NE with collections but no club that I know of. Closest that comes to a club is NERG which has a lot of pins and @BigPhil organises and hopefully there will be one next year (usually first week in July). Maybe we should start one, or at least have NE league meets (the "Northern Pinball" meets are 2+ hours drive South, one way). If there is a desire to get a league circuit set up in the Real North I would be happy to host occasionally but am out beyond Hexham so still a way from Newcastle and only have room for 5 pins set up at a time, so would need to keep numbers manageable My collection is 1990s Bally Williams - Currently have TAF CFTBL TZ Shadow and Swords of Fury set up - the rest are tomb-stoned for now.

Last edited:
Probably 10 years ago there was a pub in Low Fell with an Addams for a while (probably Alan's)

That pub is The Three Tuns. My mate was up for a weekend & I knew there were pins there. We trecked over to find only the Addams which wasn’t working but I knew it was someone from Sheffield who sited them. I figured Jamie Bird, @ballywilliamssuck, would know who it was, rang him, got the guy’s number & rang him with a view to getting the keys from behind the bar & seeing if there was obviously wrong. He said no problem (he was in Spain at the time) but after all that they couldn’t find the bloody keys!
From then on any problems he’d ring me to have a look before he decided he couldn’t be bothered to carry on and asked me to take over.
£1000 later I had a T2 & Addams and kept things going for another 3-4 years.
Alan.

Back
Top Bottom